What's new

Which shaving creams would you choose to be in the ULTIMATE cream poll?

Ok guys, I am a big fan of polls on B&B, and we had some great results from a similar poll for soaps. So, I had the idea to create a shaving cream poll that would include every single cream that ever existed in the history of the universe!
...Unfortunately, the maximum amount of poll options is 12. So, in a move that will undoubtedly assure that my name lives on in infamy, I have decided to go ahead with a poll that includes 12 of the "most popular" or "best" soaps. Here's what I've got so far:

Definitely included (mainly chosen by sorting by "most viewed" or "most comments" in the Reviews section)
Geo F. Trumper
Musgo Real
Proraso
Speick
Taylor of Old Bond St.
Truefitt & Hill

Finalists (based on # of votes)
6 - Art of Shaving
5 - Kiss My Face
5 - Penhaligon's
4 - Castle Forbes
4 - The Body Shop

Not yet worthy (based on # of votes)
2 - Acqua di Parma
2 - Crabtree & Evelyn
1 - Edwin Jagger
1 - Erasmic
1 - Eshave
1 - Floris
2 - JM Fraser's
1 - Men-Ü
3 - Nancy Boy
1 - Nivea
1 - Omega
1 - Saint Charles Shave
1 - The Gentleman's Refinery
2 - The Shave Den
2 - Tom's of Maine
1 - Tryphon Permafrost
1 - Wars

No votes yet
Caswell-Massey
Classic Shaving
Cremo Cream
Florena
Jack Black
L'Occitane
Lucky Tiger
Neutrogena
Palmolive
Tabac
The Real Shaving Co.
Trader Joe's

So which of your favorite creams would you like to see in the poll?
List your favorites, or say which of the many, many great creams out there deserves to be "definitely included." After enough people vote (or curse my idiocy), I'll make a poll!

*alphabetized by Milton*

Last edited:
The Gentelmans Refinery
Castle Forbes

Oh and if you could list alphebetically it would help (at least me) to quickly scan for a name!

Last edited:
Kiss my face is excellent. Surprisingly so given its low price. I think it works better for the twin or triblade commercial razors though. Does anyone else think different creams and soaps can vary given your choice of razor? (Perhaps I'm late to this topic if it has come up before.)

Musgo real is my current cream of choice, it's whats in the gym bag for the daily shave. Excellent light scent. Great protection, even after recent workouts. Smooth regardless of current blade choice (still experimenting after a year).

Omega is quite smooth and thick, but the eucalyptus scent is overwhelming to me, and I won't buy it again. Still, a great cream if you like the scent.

If it's the ULTIMATE, we have to include Blenheim, or just Penhaligon's in general. It is great in every way.....but price.

hunt,

I think you should also include Castle Forbes and Erasmic. Castle Forbes makes great suds and Erasmic was the first cream I tried and remains a wonderfully reliable element of my shaving rotation.

✓

A HUGE thank you to Joel (Milton) who alphabetized the list!

Also, my apologies to any who think this is not fair, but I am counting any vote for C.O. Bigelow as a vote for Proraso. After all, it does say "made by Proraso" on the side of the tube!

I'd want to see the Edwin Jagger creme added. The stuff is fantastic. I believe that the cream sold by Muhle is identical to the EJ--the packaging is the same, anyway.

My votes - based on usage

INCLUDE
Speick (Favorite!!!! :biggrin:)
Kiss My Face
Art of Shaving
Castle Forbes
JM Fraser's
Wars

EXCLUDE
Geo F. Trumper
Taylor of Old Bond St.
Truefitt & Hill
Cremo Cream
Institut Karite

Musgo Real - I better try it. I have a tube here.

Top Bottom