What's new

favorite soda ?

The Dublin DP is good, but nothing quenches my thirst like...

Topo Chico mineral water.

proxy.php

I never have soda but I am a sucker for mexican coke.
Its made with raw sugar cane not high fructose corn syrup.

Anyone else ever have mexican coke?

with passover coming up, you should check the kosher for passover coke from any kosher foods store close to you, they cant use HFCS for it, so its real cane sugar,

I never have soda but I am a sucker for mexican coke.
Its made with raw sugar cane not high fructose corn syrup.

Anyone else ever have mexican coke?

Oh, yeah... I loves me some Mexican formula Coke.

And, as an aside, it makes for a much better gin and coke than with HFCS.:001_smile

Oh, yeah... I loves me some Mexican formula Coke.

And, as an aside, it makes for a much better gin and coke than with HFCS.:001_smile

I dont know about gin and coke, I like captain morgan private stock and mexican coke ever try that?

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont know about gin and coke, I like captain morgan private sock and mexican coke ever try that?

I don't think I've ever had the Captain Morgan Private Stock, but I generally find that rum and coke is a bit sweet for my tastes... Dry Gin is a nice counter to the sweetness of the coke.

Last edited by a moderator:
I grew up on Barq's Rootbeer before it was changed to go nationwide, but I've got the brand loyalty and still find it better than other nationally available brands.

+1 for Dublin Dr. Pepper...

-1 for everyone wondering "What's a Dublin?"

Not your fault, tho.

:tongue_sm

Another +1 for Dublin Dr. Pepper.

It's hard to find out here in the Western part of the republic, but I pick it up whenever possible on road trips.

It's the only Dr. Pepper in which you can actually taste 23 different flavors.

with passover coming up, you should check the kosher for passover coke from any kosher foods store close to you, they cant use HFCS for it, so its real cane sugar,

I remember reading an article about how Kosher Coca Cola came about recently.

Here is a link and an excerpt from the article from the American Jewish Historical Society:

http://www.ajhs.org/publications/chapters/chapter.cfm?documentID=270

Because he lived in Atlanta where the Coca-Cola Company was headquartered, Rabbi Geffen received letters from several Orthodox rabbinic colleagues around the nation asking whether it was halachicly permissible to consume Coca-Cola. Uncertain of the answer, Geffen contacted the company to ask for a list of Coke’s ingredients.

At the time, Rabbi Geffen did not know that the formula for Coca-Cola is a closely guarded trade secret -- perhaps one of the best-kept trade secrets in American history. Only a handful of individuals know the formula. Once Rabbi Geffen inquired, the Coca-Cola Company made a corporate decision to allow him access to the list of ingredients in Coke’s secret formula provided he swore to keep them in utter secrecy. Geffen agreed to the terms. The company did not tell Geffen the exact proportions of each ingredient, but just gave him a list of contents by name.

When Geffen was given the list of ingredients, he discovered that one of them was glycerin made from non-kosher beef tallow. Even though a laboratory chemist told Geffen that the glycerin was present in only one part per thousand (one part in 60 is dilute enough to earn kosher certification), Geffen informed the Coca-Cola Company that, since this glycerin was a planned rather than accidentally added ingredient, observant Jews could not knowingly tolerate its inclusion. Coke failed to meet Geffen’s standards.

Back at the company’s laboratories, research scientists went to work finding a substitute for tallow-based glycerin and discovered that Proctor and Gamble produced a glycerin from cottonseed and coconut oil. When they agreed to use to this new ingredient, Geffen gave his hecksher, or seal of approval, for Coke to be marketed as kosher.

Still, a second problem vexed Geffen: the formula for Coke included traces of alcohol that were a by-product of grain kernels. Since anything derived from grains is chametz, or forbidden at Passover, Coca-Cola could not be certified kosher for use at Passover even after the formula was changed to include vegetable based glycerin. Coke’s chemists experimented and found that, during the Passover season, they could substitute sweeteners produced from beet sugar and cane sugar for grain-based ones without compromising Coke’s taste. They agreed to start manufacturing Coke with the new sugars several weeks before Passover each year.

Top Bottom