What's new

Your Top Room Sprays and Candles

Hey guys,

I'm a huge fan of room sprays and a firm believer of aromatherapy. If things smell good around me, I simply feel better. I like my house to smell good. Just wondering what the gentlemen here at B&B use to freshen up their living quarters.

Right now I'm totally hooked on Febreeze's Lavender. It's inexpensive, fresh, spicy, and floral. Perfect now that it's cooling off around here in the South.

What do you guys/girls spray around the house? You can list candles and other means as well. Let's hear em!

PS - I posted this here because I feel this is a "body" topic. If mods feel it's in the wrong place, please move it to the right forum. Thanks!

I've got a few different ones right now. I have a WoodWick candle that is called Redwood and I also just bought a candle from Williams-Sonoma called Spiced Chestnut. The W-S candle smells absolutely delicious! I have the WoodWick Redwood reed diffuser in my office.

Bath and body works autumn candle, apple crumble wall flower soon and once we hit "winter" here in Florida it will be my all time favorite: spiced cider.

My wife prefers candles, but on my desk in the computer room I keep a pump bottle of Ogallala Bay Rum & Sweet Orange Air Freshener.

My holy grail of room fresheners would be a Tabac scented candle.

i have vanilla oak candles in my bedroom. its a mellow manly smell i think. but i dont burn them because yankee candle discontinued them.

Henri Bendel Firewood candles are awesome. (But I have some friends that are very sensitive to them.)

My ex used to use a Ralph Lauren room spray that was ridiculously nice, but it was always difficult to find and, I believe, now discontinued.

Hotel Costes isn't bad either. I've heard that some people actually use this one as a cologne.

I am more of a candle person. I tend to like Yankee Candle the best, they seem to have the most scent distribution.

I am also a Lavender fan, so that is what I burn. I like to put a drop of Lavender essential oil on dryer sheets when I am drying pillow cases. I may have to get some of the fabreeze you mentioned.

I love pure beeswax candles. They seem to be much less "sooty" than other candles and have a great honeyish scent. I do burn incense once in a while as well. I use a spray in the bathroom, but I generally don't like sprays and plugin fresheners. They smell very false to me. I have seen a few threads in the fragrance forum like this, but nothing recently.

Patchouli seems to be our candle scent of choice. I've got a WoodWick and a Yankee Candle. I like the WoodWick for when I'm in the office for around an hour and the Yankee Candle for 3 + hours. It is the big jar and you need to burn it for about 3 hours to avoid "stovepiping" - where just the wax in the middle burns. I'm also partial to Yankee Candle Mountain lodge. The wife also gets some very pricy soy candles that are wonderful, but I don't know who make them.

I'm a fan of quality incense, but the good stuff smells like cat pee to my wife and irritates the heck out of her.

I have been using reed diffusers from pier one and they have made my house smell amazing. In fact after a week or two I have topped off with olive oil to tone it down and make it last longer. I have tried other reed diffusers at discount prices but the stuff they have at pier one seem to have a nice projection, almost too much.

Recently my wife started using Scentsy products. They are the melt able wax things. I believe they cost about $6 a pack and a pack lasts about a month for us. We use it for 5-6 hours a day.

I am in no way affiliated with Scentsy.

how long do those diffusers last?

I love those things. I have 2 in my house, but I buy the cheap wax things from Walmart, they're $2 each.
Recently my wife started using Scentsy products. They are the melt able wax things. I believe they cost about $6 a pack and a pack lasts about a month for us. We use it for 5-6 hours a day.

I am in no way affiliated with Scentsy.

how long do those diffusers last?

hi i use scented candles from the surf company s@x wax.. my mom uses diffusers water and aromatherapy oils and a candle underneath for heat.with a lasting fragrance.. the reed diffusers last some time we have in in the bath room and had it for about 4 weeks now..

I love this time of year because my favorite scents come around. My fav candle is pumpkin spice. Also yankee candle co. makes one called Baking spices that is very nice.

My fiance and I keep tart warmers going when we are home and have found some nice tarts from Yankee Candle. My favorite fragrances from there right now are Midsummer's Night and Sage and Citrus. I actually mixed a Pineapple Vanilla with a Sage and Citrus on a suggestion and it is really nice. I'm more of an earthy type of fragrance person and less of a floral or baked cookies type, I think.

My wife really loves candles, but I'm more of a incense person. I like patchouli and frankincense and myrrh resins.

+1

I usually fire up some Mother's of India Ganesh Nag Champa (super cheap, powerful yet pleasant smelling and burn for a long time if fresh) or Baieido Kobunboku, which are lighter scented but wonderful none the less, and are perfect when I don't want a powerful house filling scent. I tend to stay with these two most of the time. I've gone through dozens upon dozens of incense and these always satisfy both my senses and wallet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom