What's new

Your SE Preferences

Your favorite SE Razor

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Written in: Occam's Razor (Original). #1 with a bullet. Just a great razor

Honorable Mention: ATT SE1. Also very good, but not in the same league with the Occam's.

Lost in the weeds somewhere: Razorock Hawk V3-A. As usual on my face, RR comes up short.

My favorite is not on your list, nor has it been mentioned yet. It's the Enoch from Classic Shaving. Except for being a bit fiddly when it comes to blade changing, it is the best AC style razor I've tried. That said, I have not tried the Vector or Colonial General. I also own a Hawk V3, which I use with Feather Professional Super blades. It matches the Enoch in efficiency, but the Enoch is smoother and more agile.

The Mongoose, the Asylum RX2, the Cobra Classic, and the Colonial General are my favorite. Oh and the numerous Occam’s offerings too.

The Hawk V3 is my favorite still getting used to my Asylum RX V2 and Injector, I do wish I had never sold my Cobra Classic...didn't realize how bad my technique was back then of course was only using Feather Pro blades back then. I forgot my OG Mongoose is up there also

For AC safety razors, I would say Ti Vector, Mongoose SS, ATT SE1 (2016) and Occam's O.R.E.N. For barber razors, I would say the Kai Captain Standard folding and the Feather 'Super Razor' (SR) folding or kamisori.

My vote is for the original Asylum RX.

I've owned several AC razors, and ultimately sold or traded all but one. The one I kept was an Asylum RX, original version. I kept the RX because I am so impressed by its build quality and imaginative design. These days I prefer DE blades. When I do use the RX I use a Feather Proguard blade.

Out of the listed ones, I've used the Excalibur, The Hawk V3, The Evolution V1, and the Colonial General. The General is far and away my favorite of them with the Hawk coming in second. The Evolution was good, but a bit too aggressive for my taste and the Excalibur was difficult to load properly (maybe it was a bad morning, but I got exasperated and suffered through a bad shave and put it away).

Top Bottom