What's new

Your SE Preferences

Your favorite SE Razor

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi Chaps,

What is your favorite SE Razor (using AC blades) ? Your additional input about your preferences will be highly appreciated.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
That was hard for me....I voted for the General, but the Razorock Hawk V3 OC was my first AC, and it's an awesome razor. But the General is smoother and if I could only shave with one, I'd pick the General. Luckily I don't have to "pick" :biggrin1:

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Could it please be edited to include the RazoRock Hawk V2? Just in case.

RazoRock Hawk V3OC on a PAA el Fantasma handle and loaded with a Schick Proline P-series blade is spoiling me now that my touch is light enough to use a nigh-neutral angle.

I only have the Razorock Hawk V3 and Hawk V3-A and the Blackland Vector. Have not had them very long but so far I surprisingly (to me) prefer the Hawk over the Vector by a slight margin. The Vector design is awesome and very nimble, but (so far) the Hawk gives me a more comfortable shave that's just as close.

Could it please be edited to include the RazoRock Hawk V2? Just in case.

RazoRock Hawk V3OC on a PAA el Fantasma handle and loaded with a Schick Proline P-series blade is spoiling me now that my touch is light enough to use a nigh-neutral angle.
@thombrogan, I tried but I can only change voting mechanics, not the response options

My FAVORITE SE is the RX1, simply because it truly shaves like a straight on a stick. Almost as efficient, but requiring far less attention, is my Occam Oren. The Oren is much like a Schick (but a touch more efficient) in being so smooth & carefree, I rarely reach for it.

First AC razor I tried was the Hawk V2, didn´t liked it at all, then was the OCCAM and loved it, sold it only because I found that the head part was prone to bend very easily. Then recently I tried the DS Legend and this made me re enter to the AC world. Really love and enjoy the performance of it.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I’m waiting impatiently for James to release his AC WR4 and for a few of them to get into the field. I hope it’s stellar.

ESC/Alpha Shaving Claymore Evolution is my choice. Its the only SE i've used and found it to give smooth, comfortable shaves with Feather Professional blades.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Ti Vector SB is my favorite razor.

Stainless Vector SB and The General V2 are my Honorable Mention razors.

These three razors are as good as it gets, in my opinion.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I own a Yaqi Excalibur AC 50mm in chrome and it is a daily driver, smooth and efficient. I use mine with a Yaqi Milano 316 SS handle and very happy with it. I recommend the chrome head that I enjoy the most over the matte chromed head. I like to use the Schick proline p30 blades with this razor. Very affordable.
If you are looking for a smoother shave I think straight bar razors would be a slightly better choice IMO.
You did not mention Gem or Schick razors so I figured your more interested in AC (50mm) blade type razors.
Gem SE (ASR) razors with a PTFE blade are still some of the best razors and also my favorites to use + the blades are reasonably priced when buying them I have also found.

Last edited:

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
ATT X1, the only AC razor I still own. I will now sigh longingly every time I use it, wishing that the X2 had become a reality.

O.H.

Top Bottom