What's new

Asian double-edged blades what are your preferences

What is your favorite Asian brand or razor blade?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There is an abundance of double-edged razor blades from all over the world, produced even in the most distant and disparate countries generally from Asia.
However, in the Asian manufacturer market, the Indians are one step ahead because they have so many manufacturing plants in addition to the very important Gillette plant.

Blades from the Middle East,China,Japan and Korea, Pakistan (Treet Corporation) and Bangladesh (Samah Razor blades) are also very important and popular.

Of all the Asian blades, which are your favorites and why?

If I have to pick just one it is the Treet Platinum so I voted that way.

That said, I also enjoy the Gillette 7 o'clock Permasharp (India), Dorco ST300 (Vietnam), FlyDear Platinum (China) and can happily use any of them for extended periods of time.

I do not know of many Japanese brands, but would guess that the Kai is a good one too. And I have packs of several Bangledeshi blades but have not tried any yet, but I would guess I can find at least one or two that I like.

The Ninja. Super sharp and smooth from the get-go. I like Feathers but they don't hold a candle to the Ninjas (IMO).
7o'clock-BLACKSx100-3_2022-09-06.jpg

Very interesting.
I have always read very good opinions and positive views about the Treet Platinum but I did not know that it could can be considered a replacement for the former Russian Gillette Platinum.
I have a hard time finding reviews of the Treet Platinum. I assume we're talking about this one?
1711485746245.png

Most reviews I can find are about all the other Treet blades and always seem to list the Dura Sharp as the sharpest but don't have this particular Treet blade in the comparison. I have found the Treet Platinum to be very good - especially for the ridiculously cheap price.

I also really like the Russian Gillette Platinum -- I'll have to do a side by side comparison with Treet Platinum. I've often wondered if I just somehow received an extra good batch of Gillette Platinum because the batch I bought has been superb.

Last edited:
I'm still discovering different Asian blades. My favorite is KAI from Japan, but China is starting to hit its stride with blades manufacturing, and India has been consistent. I think the Korean/Vietnam Dorco Primes are tops in the middle of the pack.

But to chose 1, it would be KAI.

(My all time favorite is the Gillette Platinum Plus from Brazil - @rockrabbit, that's in South America, one of the newer continents :001_302:)

I have had great results with most of the Asian blades I have tried. I don't think I have a favorite since the blades I listed are all good to excellent for me. If I could only choose from one country it would probably be Japan.

Japan - Feather & Kai
Vietnam - Dorco Prime
India - Gillette Wilkinson Sword
China - FlyDear Super Platinum
Pakistan - Treet Platinum, Treet Falcon, Treet Dura Sharp, Treet 7 Days Platinum
Bangladesh - Sharp Titanium
Turkey - Derby Premium, Derby Usta, Derby Extra(Post 2016)

LOI Titanium, no contest. I usually alternate two razors, one with a LOI or Sharp Titanium, and one with I blade I want to evaluate. They are the standard for me.

I do have to say that, after using 3 blades out of a tuck of Dorco STP-301, I am impressed. I put 29 shaves on one in February and the most interesting piece of info I can contribute to this discussion is that there were no tea stains. I think that speaks volumes about the quality of the steel.

Top Bottom