What's new

Your guilty pleasures in food

Almost any food now can be considered my guilty food. I must limit all fat in my diet due to a very bad pancreas, which has also made me diabetic, so I can only dream of the days when I could eat ice cream or a bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwich. My diet now consists of fruits and veggies with the occasional taste of baked chicken, which can sometimes irritate my insides so much that I wish I had never eaten at all.

Pancakes.... smothered with sausage gravy. So much better than biscuits and gravy, which I also love. Plus the entertainment value when you try to order it at IHOP and watch the waiter/waitress try to comprehend what you said is worth trying it at least once.

Oh, pan fried chicken livers with mushrooms and chicken gravy. Serve over rice.... MMmmmmmmmm... probably make that once a year when the wife is away for the day as she hates the smell of it. So good though...

Also I have a total weakness for Cadbury Mini Eggs. Only around January thru Easter, I'll eat these chocolates by the pound if I can find them. I don't buy any other kind of candy, probably because I get my sugar fix for the year from these things!

Top Bottom