What's new

A journal of a Cajun's life wet shaving

My wife has been shaking her head every time one of the Vintage razors shows up. Two more are in the care of the USPS at the moment and I have a seller holding a 1953 Y2 President for me for purchase in a couple months or so.

I’m fairly sure that will complete my small collection of Vintage razors. I will be sending a couple of them off to Chris @ Back Roads Gold for replating.
Even if you don't replate them his affordable tune up service will get them ready to shave if anything is off and brilliantly shined. It was totally worth the 25 bucks I paid for him to touch up my Fatboy.

My wife has been shaking her head every time one of the Vintage razors shows up. Two more are in the care of the USPS at the moment and I have a seller holding a 1953 Y2 President for me for purchase in a couple months or so.

I’m fairly sure that will complete my small collection of Vintage razors. I will be sending a couple of them off to Chris @ Back Roads Gold for replating.
So Kim, the "toe dipping" into the Vintage razors seems to have morphed into the whole foot, might as well just put on the speedo and jump right on in.

300+ Shaves in 2024 109 of 300+
Vintage April 2024 24/30
Shave Date 4/27/2024
Razor:
1967 TTO Adjustable Slim.
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow (4)
Pre-Shave: Razor Emporium Pre-Shave soap
Soap: PAA Malbolge
Brush: Zenith 507-IF Italian Flag.
Post-shave: Alum Bock, Thayer's Witch Hazel, Mother Bear Winter Balm, Nivea Post Shave Balm, Malbolge A/S.
Rating: 28/30 10 for Comfort, 10 for cuts and weepers(1), 8 for smoothness, neck stubble, BBS on the face, and DFS+++ neck.

Notes:

I continued my latest trend with my adjustable of using the feature during the shave, before I'd just leave it on one setting throughout all the passes of the shave. Once again I used setting 9 on the initial WTG pass, setting 7 was used for the XTG pass and setting 5 for the ATG pass, at least that's what I intended to do. On the right side, the ATG pass was on setting 7, as I failed to adjust the razor for that pass, the result was a small weeper that closed when I washed off the residual lather after the final pass. Three passes with zero touch-ups, the results are great, in line with all the shaves of this blade, and not that far off the best shaves. A very good great shave for a Saturday or any day of the week, especially on the 4th shave of this blade. Ole Yeller is still holding up fine and whacking down whiskers with abandon. Malgolge is a tobacco'ie scent, somewhat, on the spicier end of the scent spectrum vs the sweeter scents of the Aventus Creed style of scents. I like it and could use it daily. I don't know what PAA was shooting for, my understanding of tobacco scents that it is the green tobacco scents they are shooting for, but what that means to us normal folks with sup par sniffers is yet to be determined. In the end, it is good'un manly scent that I don't think many would be offended by, unlike Bay Rum that some need to warm up to.

Now that I've made it as clear as mud, I'll call it a day, I wish all a blessed weekend, and may all your shaves be the best.

IMG_3041.jpeg

Top Bottom