What's new

Your guilty pleasures in food

My wife truly hates it. She can not be in the same room when I bake it but every once in a while I love it.

SPAM

I am not 100% sure the Dutch equivalent is identical but as far as I know our "Smac" is similar to generic Spam or luncheon meat.

It's been years since I had it but as my wife is out today I had a nice opportunity to put some slices in the pan, bake em till crisp on the outside and put them on a sandwich.

Now I am good for a few years!

Does anyone else have any culinary guilty pleasures to share?

I too love spam! I have a weakness for instant noodles (ramen), I tend to get the really cheap and crappy chicken flavoured noodles and pimp them up with whatever's in the fridge/cupboard - soy sauce, fresh coriander, lime juice, fish sauce, some sliced boiled egg...

I tend to get the really cheap and crappy chicken flavoured noodles and pimp them up with whatever's in the fridge/cupboard

Are you talking about the ones that come with small satchets of spices, chili and flavour oil?

You are a true connaisseur!

I love those, even without leftovers you can customise the flavour.

Man, I'm a New York foodie who's eaten sushi at Masa and have been to restaurants like Jean George, Nobu, Eleven Madison Park, Babbo, Spark's, Peter Luger's, Mister Chow's etc.......But damn it if McDonald's doesn't taste good some time. I also regularly enjoy Slurpie's since all these 7/11's have come to Manhattan.

Deep fried hot dogs and cheap frozen chicken nuggets. I've come to the conclusion that you can replace almost any meat in a meal with chicken nuggets and it will still taste good; chicken nugget calzone, chicken nugget panzanella salad, chicken nugget saltimbocca, the list goes on.

Nachos with grated cheese, put in the oven until the cheese is melted then sour cream, guacamole, jalapenos and salsa....mmmm :D

I had this fabulous wagyu sushi roll at this great Seattle sushi place light night (Wasabi) and then this thread reminds me of two guilty pleasures: Twinkies (a childhood favourite) and an undergraduate delicacy we called 'SPAM with ramen and a sunny side up egg'. I know...a bit of a quirky combo but hey why can't we indulge in the high life and our simple favourites? :)

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Chocolate gravy over toast w/ bacon.

Bacon wrapped jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese & sausage

Bacon wrapped corndog w/mustard

Bacon

More bacon

Top Bottom