What's new

Your deserted island razor?

Something old or something new?

• I'm takin' a ole vintage one!

• No tired 20th century hardware for me; I'm going new.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Let's make this one a little different...

You're still off to the deserted island but assume you've got 40+ years ahead of you and that razor's gotta last (I guess you've got an unlimited supply of blades.).

What specific razor are you going to take, and let's choose in the poll between a vintage razor that already has 50 years or so on it and a modern one?

Since I don't know if new razors will hold up and vintage ones have already held up, I went ole vintage. I might would consider a custom new DE, but would never take a pot metal razor to an island.

The reason I woted vintage is that my goto Feather/Ikon/Weber is at www.restoredrazors.com for replating! I will have to make do with my 1937 Sheraton. At least until I send it to Dave for replating...:blink:. But by that time I will have my goto back!!! Problem solved!

I want an indestructible 3-piece. So, a Tech.

Of course, why am I bothering to shave if I'm all alone? And what am I using for software? :001_huh:

Deserted Island...surrounded by salt water, hmm. Definitely a razor made out of preferably 316 stainless. Salt is the :devil: for a razor. Am I reading too much into this?

Last edited:
My ball end tech. I don't use it much, as I usually shave with a '54 SS, but the tech is as good of shave, and it has less moving parts :)

Although, the Feather SS would not be a bad choice if one was after something for salty environments. Since I don't go out to sea (nor do I fly over the seas), I should never get stuck on an island...

I gotta go with either 1) my Gillette NEW - bar handle which I think would hold up extremely well given how it still looks after 80 years, or 2) my Red Tip Super Speed. I could probably go a lifetime with either one of these awesome razors. Hmmm, maybe I really don't need dozens of razors after all.... :blush:

ER 1914, Schick C2 or a Single Ring.
They've lasted close to a century already. They'll outlast a modern razor hands down.

Top Bottom