What's new

You into any kind of calligraphy? Come in please!

Yeah, I saw it on Pinterest or someplace like that and "liberated" the idea, lol. Thanks for the kind words, but my skill with a Pilot Parallel is nothing compared to James'.

Still new to the forum and checking out the various parts and came across this one. Been doing pinstriping and lettering since 1957.Have a couple calligraphy sets including a left hand model(I'm a southpaw) but haven't used them much as my business still keeps me occupied.
For the past few years I have been compiling pages to eventually assemble into a book on lettering styles;most of which were created while sitting in front of the TV. If I may I would like to share some pages from this project.These were created using a Pentel 0.5mm pencil and a Pilot Razor Point for the most part. A lot of the guide lines were purposely left in. Still in the early construction stages.

Attachments

• $Page0.jpg
    $Page0.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 107
  • $Page0001.jpg
    $Page0001.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 106
  • $Page0002.jpg
    $Page0002.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 107
  • $Page0003.jpg
    $Page0003.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 106
  • $Page0007.jpg
    $Page0007.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 107
Still new to the forum and checking out the various parts and came across this one. Been doing pinstriping and lettering since 1957.Have a couple calligraphy sets including a left hand model(I'm a southpaw) but haven't used them much as my business still keeps me occupied.
For the past few years I have been compiling pages to eventually assemble into a book on lettering styles;most of which were created while sitting in front of the TV. If I may I would like to share some pages from this project.These were created using a Pentel 0.5mm pencil and a Pilot Razor Point for the most part. A lot of the guide lines were purposely left in. Still in the early construction stages.

Looks good, Rey. I'm constantly looking at different lettering styles and trying to emulate them. Guess that's why I'm really liking brush pens lately, they're so versatile. I can use them for just about anything. Would love to see more of your work!

Thanks for the kind words. Here are a couple of other pieces.

Attachments

• $HoodlumAlley1.jpg
    $HoodlumAlley1.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 104
  • $MCAAA001.jpg
    $MCAAA001.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 104
  • $MCAAM001.jpg
    $MCAAM001.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 105
  • $OttoGraf001.jpg
    $OttoGraf001.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 106
Rey, I really dig the 2nd one. I mean, they're all awesome, but I like the layout of the 2nd the most. The perspective of the 3rd piece is really cool too! Thanks for sharing!

Thank you for the kind words. This isn't exactly calligraphy but what I do for a living. These were done over a period of years.
The first is a lettering job I did on a Bonneville bound carbon fiber 32 Ford roadster that belonged to a friend of mine.
Second is a set of doors I did for a local farm on a 1934 Ford truck.
Third is another set of doors for a 37 Ford truck.
Fourth is a set of doors on a 1948 Studebaker pickup that was used in a movie that was filmed locally. I also did a vintage DIVCO milk truck and a 1931 Studebaker President formal sedan for him.The lettering was deliberately aged.
Last is the rear of a 1932 Ford sedan.

Attachments

• $0Geo6.jpg
    $0Geo6.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 102
  • $0KrauseFarms04.JPG
    $0KrauseFarms04.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 101
  • $12813 009.jpg
    $12813 009.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 103
  • $AcmeHardware8.jpg
    $AcmeHardware8.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 103
  • $GarysGarage5.JPG
    $GarysGarage5.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 101
A few more pieces.
First is one of two ice cream trucks I did for a friend of mine.Done in 1-Shot lettering enamel with airbrushed highlights.
Second is a 1934 Ford coupe done for Mark Kirby of Motor City Flathead.This is a test vehicle used in developing a new aluminum flathead engine they are building.
Third is a 1948 GMC pickup that I added the Motor City lettering.The rest was done by someone else.
Fourth is a lettering job on a Model A Ford sedan belonging to a friend of mine advertising his business.
Last is a set of doors for a 1949 Chevrolet truck that has been lettering and aged. The bullet holes are painted on(not decals).

Attachments

• $icecreamtruck2.jpg
    $icecreamtruck2.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 105
  • $MC34001.JPG
    $MC34001.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 103
  • $MCT010.JPG
    $MCT010.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 105
  • $ModelARight.JPG
    $ModelARight.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 105
  • $WhyLay010.jpg
    $WhyLay010.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 104
I recently found my dip pen and points, thought I'd lost them in the flood that claimed my fountain pens, ink and paper. The good news is that for some reason my Sailor Somiko and Pelikan were in the same bag as my dip pens. Now I just need to clean everything up and ink them

Have a friend that wants me to write The Lord's Prayer on a canvas for him, so I did a dry run tonight. I desperately need to start practicing with guide lines again. Especially for a project like this,lol. Didn't write the full prayer this time, just messing about and getting used to writing the words, etc.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454380394.768326.jpg

Last edited:
A little practice tonight, nothing serious just writing whatever

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455263523.729388.jpg

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455263547.448804.jpg

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455263572.816255.jpg

I need to buy some more practice pads, need the lines to keep my slant uniform and to police the height of my ascenders and length of my descenders.

Soooo, my sister in law has asked that I do her wedding invitation for June 25th. Which means I need to have it done next month so that she can mail them and have everyone RSVP in time.

Well, I'm having difficulty with how I want the layout to look. She's chosen a 4 x 6 invitation, and far too many words LOL. I'll post some pics later and would love some input

Quick run through with scratch paper and the blank invitation underneath. Need to move some stuff around and tighten lines up as well as other changes. I made some notes so I don't forget, lol. Going to make some card stock blanks that are the same size as the invitation, get my guidelines down and knock this puppy out....hopefully;-)

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456209333.958159.jpg

Top Bottom