What's new

You have the worst shave of your life.

...Starting from the get go, your shave prep is off, lather isn't right, the shave is riddled with nicks, weepers and irritation...

What do you use as a post shave?

I am using Nivea Sensitive now as we speak and it does just fine but I am not 100% crazy about the smell. I want to know what you guys are using in the scenario listed above.

If I'd had a shave as bad as that, I'd be tempted to drink the after shave rather than apply it.

Seriously, I'd use an alum crystal but skip the a/s completely, finishing just with a moisturiser that tackles razor burn. I find the Body Shop maca root razor relief a good bet.

If you wanted some fragrance, I'd dab some a/s behind my ears, but would keep it away from my face.

If I'd had a shave as bad as that, I'd be tempted to drink the after shave rather than apply it.

Seriously, I'd use an alum crystal but skip the a/s completely, finishing just with a moisturiser that tackles razor burn. I find the Body Shop maca root razor relief a good bet.

If you wanted some fragrance, I'd dab some a/s behind my ears, but would keep it away from my face.
Wait, you shouldn't apply after shave after using an alum block? I thought it was ok to do so.

Wait, you shouldn't apply after shave after using an alum block? I thought it was ok to do so.
Yes, it is OK, and I usually do this daily.

However, I'd probably avoid it in the circumstances described by the OP, just to cut down on discomfort.

1. Take a washcloth and dip it in cold water and then place it on your face after your last pass.
2. Use WH on your face after the cold water treatment. Use an after shave balm that is a good moisturizer.
3. At night, before retiring apply a good quality moisturizer to your face. I use CeraVe but there are other good ones out there, too. Look for a product that has ceramides and hyaluronic acid.

Rince my face with cool water, then use alum to stop any bleeding, splash of witch hazel, let face dry and maybe put on aftershave that has menthol and glycerine in it.

RazoRock King Louis Lavender Aftershave Lotion Splash

So gentle on the skin and has witch hazel. No burn at all, but just a touch of menthol soothes any irritation. Dries without leaving a clammy, sticky film on the face.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
The Speick balm. First aid for a bad shave ... Literally the best. Relief en route. I don't use it unless I have a bad shave! Though it smells great, too.

AA

Hold my face under the cold faucet for a couple of minutes, let it air dry, apply Thayers lavender witch hazel. . . and rip up some kitchen roll to apply to cuts. (First one on 15 seconds, then five, then three - or thereabouts; the thing is to not let the paper stick, because removing it re-opens the cut.)

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
1. Take a washcloth and dip it in cold water and then place it on your face after your last pass.
2. Use WH on your face after the cold water treatment. Use an after shave balm that is a good moisturizer.
3. At night, before retiring apply a good quality moisturizer to your face. I use CeraVe but there are other good ones out there, too. Look for a product that has ceramides and hyaluronic acid.
This. I always do cold water after. I don't always do the WH, but I moisturize with Curel.

Always good advice from Jim.

Worst shave of my life? Did somebody replace my FatBoy with a Bic Disposable?! :cursing::scared:

Witch Hazel mixed with Alcohol followed by Nivea for me. If the wife ain't around, Aqua Velva Blue followed by Nivea. :thumbup:

Top Bottom