What's new

Workbench Custom Razors for the new year 2011

Bill, The Axe turned out magnificant!!
The rifle has some great work as well. I like the flow and feel of the vinework.
Question, do you find it easier or harder to work a larger more open pattern as opposed to a smaller more tight pattern?

Cheers!

Here is an update on one of the other razors I was working on. Actually, all three of the ones I had posted earlier are nearing completion. I'm not posting pics on two of them so the boys buying them will be surprised at what I did. It can be a dangerous thing to do, but I think I may be safe this time around.

Anyway, new slogan... "Got Celtic"?

:001_smile

For an idea on perspective, the spine width is 3/16's of an inch. The ribbons on the spine are right at 1mm.

$2011 project 109.jpg

$2011 project 110.jpg

Very nice Bill. That looks like it would be quite a comfortable razor to hold. Also, it matches your custom strop quite well. Have you ever (or considered) doing copper inlays on a razor?

Thanks for posting more pics for us to drool over!

I just started reading this thread today as I'm still new to straight shaving but wow Bill, you are magical with steel, my hats off to you.

{quote;Told him he had three choices: He could sell them, he could forget about it, or he could come and kick my ***. I gave him my address. I really wanted him to show... end quote}

Also I've never meet you but I like your stile. I know, a little late but, what the hell.

Again, very cool and thanks for sharing.

Great design with the Celtic theme Bill! I know without question what a treat the new owner of your work is in for. Thanks for sharing all of this.

Top Bottom