What's new

Wool fat soap irritation?

Anyone who uses / used this soap notice irritation and potentially rashes later on in the day after using this? After maybe a few days of starting use I would get itchiness in random spots like the back of my hands. I wrote it off and possibly just having dry skin, considering its winter time and I steam myself like a lobster in the shower. However, this irritation has now spread to other miscellaneous areas and it only seems to occur in patches. At this very moment my right inside elbow pit and forearm are irritated, and I can see a plethora of little bumps in the elbow pit area. I would imagine it is time to discontinue use and see if the symptoms cease. I believe I bought the soap off of Amazon and I am also wondering how would a potential return go considering the current situation.

Thanks for any input

Jon

I agree, you should stop using this soap for a while, at least until symptoms cease.
Some people have allergy with lanolin, maybe you are ?
For Amazon I don't know but for this kind of products (care products) the policy usually not permit return for already used products.

You may have sensitivity to lanolin, many people do. Try another product, for example, Haslinger Aloe Vera.

It is not the soap's fault if you get irritation from an ingredient. That's just your body reacting to an ingredient in the soap that doesn't bother most people. The soap is not defective. You could trade it to somebody here for another soap you want to try.

Top Bottom