What's new

Osyri's Randomness Journal

stuck here deciding between muramasa adjustable vs osprey!

Two exceptional razors! They share some great traits. One of the best and most unique is that they both clamp the blade very well and provide much higher blade rigidity than the average adjustable. I don't know if that matters to you, but it is very important to me.

I have one of these, but just because I have it does not mean it would be better for you. How aggressive do you like? My impression is that the Osprey will go higher. However, all the Tatara razors are more efficient than their specs would have you believe, so don't underestimate the Muramasa.

These are two premium razors, you can't make a bad choice!

Weekend Shave
3/9/24

PXL_20240309_183133427.jpg

DFS Shave

Tech with Lasta Intergalatic Handle
Synthetic with Intergalatic Handle
Cloud Blade (Thanks Uncle Lasta)
Venture Soap (My Fav Soap so far)

Cloud Blade cuts quite well on the WTG + XTG pass, during the ATG pass, it doesn't perform quite as well as others I have used. Is it fair to rate it this way, if I have to do more than 2 passes ATG especially on the mustache area, I would put it below other blades who are able to complete the task in 1 or 2 passes.

Almost BBS on face and DFS on neck!

Happy Weekend Everyone!

3/10/24

PXL_20240310_184741047.MP.jpg

Futur w/ GSB (4? uses)
Badger Brush
AS + Balm
Tabac

With APB sneakily implying that I am still a n00b shaver, I decided to use the most aggressive razor I have. Unsure of how long I have the GSB sitting out, quite a bit of oxidation, so I decided to use it today and bin it. Had another blade on standby just in case.

I went level 6 for my WTG and XTG pass and then level 3 for the ATG pass. Everything went smoothly when I finished all 3 passes, feeling around, touchups are needed, it was during the touchups that I got around 6 weepers, 5 tiny ones and 1 small on my neck there was no pain, just surprised I did so well up until the touchups.

I almost got BBS, some stubbles left on underjaw and neck, about 95% BBS, no discomfort when I apply on AS and balm, very minor irritation during the Good Burn of the AS.

Happy Shavings everyone!

Strange findings : My autocorrect likes to change "long" to "old", when I reread my 2nd sentence, I wrote how old I have the GSB instead of how long

Really wanted to test a few adjustable before I made my purchase!

I can get a 30 day trial with Blackland, not sure about Murasama, Rex, and some Gillettes Fatboy, Slim, etc.

Pondering on the question of : I have the Futur, would I need another adjustable or would I even use an adjustable daily? Not really often I go days between shaves and what little razors I own, they work thus far.

"Jedi Mode Activated : Blocks out Enablers, including the GSB Cult Master"

Save me Uncle Boris! GSB arrows are flying towards me, let me share your hiding spot!

lasta

Blade Biter

I can get a 30 day trial with Blackland, not sure about Murasama, Rex, and some Gillettes Fatboy, Slim, etc.

Pondering on the question of : I have the Futur, would I need another adjustable or would I even use an adjustable daily? Not really often I go days between shaves and what little razors I own, they work thus far.

Save me Uncle Boris! GSB arrows are flying towards me, let me share your hiding spot!
The absolute hardest part is satiating curiosity. You really do have to try something yourself.

For me, I've owned a Slim for 17 years, I adjusted it twice.

afa9f08c-bef7-47e8-925d-38547d053a82_text.gif

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand

Negative. You will go to Toshii station to sell your Merkur Futur, there's a few guys over there who could really use a shave, their quite scruffy looking.

Then you will go to the Degaba system, there will meet Blackland. You will meat a Jedi master there, a great warrior, named Shane. And you will purchase an Osprey razor from him, and you will deliver your humble bow before you leave.

No more quitter talk. And.................................

GSB! GSB! GSB! GSB! You got blood on your face, ya big disgrace, waving your razor all over the place. We will, we will, GSB! Heck ya woooooweeeee! :thumbup:

lasta

Blade Biter
Negative. You will go to Toshii station to sell your Merkur Futur, there's a few guys over there who could really use a shave, their quite scruffy looking.

Then you will go to the Degaba system, there will meet Blackland. You will meat a Jedi master there, a great warrior, named Shane. And you will purchase an Osprey razor from him, and you will deliver your humble bow before you leave.

GSB! GSB! GSB! GSB! You got blood on your face, ya big disgrace, waving your razor all over the place. We will, we will, GSB! Heck ya woooooweeeee! :thumbup:
You chant GSB with the voice of an angel! Care to join our little club?

Young Padawan, I can help with a pivot 😁

A Wolfman Razor is cheaper than an Osprey and you don't have to adjust it!! Plus waiting on the list for 3 months either lets you kick the decision down the road or lets the RAD pass! 🤣

What is going on here? Am I living in the twilight zone?
Season 1 Episode 22 GIF by Paramount+

Top Bottom