What's new

Which way do you swirl your brush while loading it? Clockwise or counter-clockwise?

Which way do you swirl your brush? Clockwise or counter-clockwise?

• Clockwise

• Counter-clockwise

• I'm not sure. I don't pay attention.

• Art swirls in all directions simultaneously

Results are only viewable after voting.
Interesting topic! I hadn't paid attention before this thread surfaced, but I've since noticed I always load my brush clockwise.

Interesting sidebar to this poll:

Almost to a man or woman, the direction you scrape your knife along the inside wall of a nearly empty peanut butter jar will invariably be the same direction you swirl your brush around the soap bowl.:001_huh:

Can I change my vote? I thought it was clockwise, but when I actually got the bowl and brush in my hand this morning, I found that I was actually using a counter-clockwise motion. Clockwise felt awkward, so I don't think that's what I had been doing. I guess my answer should have been "I'm not sure." I'm right-handed.

I'm feeling dizzy...

Hey! I bet that dedicated fishermen swirl the brush the same direction that they crank the real, which is clockwise.

Exactly the same number of rotations in one direction as the other.

If you don't you run the risk of torquing the soap molecules and making them stressed. Do this enough times and you will permanently twist the soap molecules and your lather will be crap. In fact some of the higher end soaps can be permanently ruined by leaving them twisted, while they dry, for even one 24 hour period.

I can't tell you how many pucks I've had to throw away in disgust having gotten distracted and lost count and put them up torqued.

Rotational sensitivity is the dirty little secret of the shaving soap industry and most representatives will gaslight you and make you think you are nuts if you have the nerve to mention it. I've been banned from more than one board for being honest and bringing this problem to the fore.

Don't believe me? Think I'm nuts? Have you ever run a four wheel drive on pavement without unlocking the hubs and then tried to shift the front diff into neutral. Huh? yeah I thought so. Well you've experienced the same thing. Go ahead, call me a crackpot but why to you think Volkswagen abandoned torsion bar suspension and went to McPherson struts in the "new" Beetle?

If you don't understand what I'm talking about you are probably an incompetent face latherer with a tiny, uh, brush, and I'm not interested in your feeble protests that you have never noticed this effect.

And if you buy the nonsense that creams or tallow based soaps are less likely to suffer asymmetric saponifornication (the technical term) then you are a closet depilatory user and have no business posting here.

Exactly the same number of rotations in one direction as the other.

If you don't you run the risk of torquing the soap molecules and making them stressed. Do this enough times and you will permanently twist the soap molecules and your lather will be crap. In fact some of the higher end soaps can be permanently ruined by leaving them twisted, while they dry, for even one 24 hour period.

I can't tell you how many pucks I've had to throw away in disgust having gotten distracted and lost count and put them up torqued.

Rotational sensitivity is the dirty little secret of the shaving soap industry and most representatives will gaslight you and make you think you are nuts if you have the nerve to mention it. I've been banned from more than one board for being honest and bringing this problem to the fore.

Don't believe me? Think I'm nuts? Have you ever run a four wheel drive on pavement without unlocking the hubs and then tried to shift the front diff into neutral. Huh? yeah I thought so. Well you've experienced the same thing. Go ahead, call me a crackpot but why to you think Volkswagen abandoned torsion bar suspension and went to McPherson struts in the "new" Beetle?

If you don't understand what I'm talking about you are probably an incompetent face latherer with a tiny, uh, brush, and I'm not interested in your feeble protests that you have never noticed this effect.

And if you buy the nonsense that creams or tallow based soaps are less likely to suffer asymmetric saponifornication (the technical term) then you are a closet depilatory user and have no business posting here.

TECHNICALITY.................thy name is BROWNBEAR !!!!!

PHEW !!!!!!!

Vijay

Top Bottom