Which way do you swirl your brush while loading it? Clockwise or counter-clockwise?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Discussion' started by _MementoMori_, Nov 3, 2010.

Which way do you swirl your brush? Clockwise or counter-clockwise?

1. Clockwise

2. Counter-clockwise

3. I'm not sure. I don't pay attention.

4. Art swirls in all directions simultaneously

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I, for one, ALWAYS swirl counter-clockwise. It just feels right.

2. Both!

3. Depends on your location to the equator I think.

4. When I am in the Northern Hemisphere, I rotate counterclockwise, when I go to the Southern I rotate clockwise.

5. Well... that seems like a no-brainer of a poll option now that you say it...

6. Clockwise always unless I'm on the moon the moon the I don't swirl I use a back and forth motion.

7. I'm left handed and I go counter clockwise. I voted that I didn't pay attention though :tongue_sm

8. +1

9. I swirl clockwise when above the equator and counter clockwise when below the equator:lol::lol:

10. dpm802

dpm802 Contributor

I pump it up and down, with the vertical axis of the brush held perpendicular to the cross-section of the puck.

This method is equally effective in both Northern and Southern hemispheres, right-handed, left-handed, ambidextrous, and presumably, works in outer-space as well.

11. ouch

ouch Moderator Contributor

12. Neither. I put the mug with the soap in it on a turntable, and hold the brush still.

13. Also both... I have a pattern I go in. Light clockwise, hard press clockwise, light counter, hard press counter, light clockwise.

I started doing it without realizing it... then once I realized I was doing it that way, now I always make sure I do it that way.

I have no idea why.

14. Sullybob

Sullybob Contributor

Yes! I switch back and forth.

15. I often use an M shape pattern when the puck starts to spin.

16. Clockwise... It just feels like it's meant to be! :lol:

17. By DE fault that would be counter clockwise.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
  18. Counter Clockwise since I am a southpaw!

19. Random thought -

When I'm using a brush on a puck, I swirl clockwise.

When I use a wire whisk to create whipped cream, I swirl counter clockwise.

The end results with either the puck or the dairy cream look the same.

20. Be sure not to mix up the two. :tongue_sm