What's new

What's the one "manly" thing you don't know how to do?

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I don’t know how to let someone have a different opinion than mine on the internet.
- All men on the internet

Legion

Staff member
I've never really worked on car engines very much. I can do basic maintenance, but if it was to properly break I've always paid someone else to fix it.

I always look to what my father and grandfather did and try to keep up, or other family members. If I can't do it I will learn how to. I believe that's the most important thing.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I've never really worked on car engines very much. I can do basic maintenance, but if it was to properly break I've always paid someone else to fix it.
I can do basic stuff, too. Like this guy …
1631146815900.gif

Load and shoot a handgun. Never shot one in my life and I am 52.

I have shot a few rifles though.

Canadian gun laws are as tough as it gets and owning a handgun is such a PITA, it’s not worth bothering.

I've spent the last 25 years in Asia, living in rented accommodation. Prior to that, I owned a house in England and could do pretty much anything like building flat pack furniture, putting up shelves, decorating etc. Now, I just call the landlord and he sends a guy.

I had a car and would check the oil, brake fluid and water every week - when I am on holiday and I rent a car, I do that even now, but that's about it.

duke762

Rose to the occasion
Can't fight, can't dance, can't swim. I know nothing about sports, I don't know how to play any card games. Back in the day, I couldn't score in a monkey house with a sack of bananas.

I do have a pretty bad *** can do list though.....

There are only three knots in my repertoire - granny, half hitch, and square. My dad taught me dozens of them for all applications but I could never remember them.

I loved working on cars back in the 1960s. I even spent the nights of my junior and senior prom in a friend's garage helping him rebuild the engine on his TR2. It wasn't until I got married, sold my 66 LeMans, and we bought a 71 Toyota Corona that I gave up. That Corona was awful to work on. Just to buy parts you had get them from Toyota and know what month the engine was built. The last engine repair I remember doing was replacing a fuel pump in a 79 Gran Prix sometime in the late 80s. It was our second car at the time and it died in our apartment parking lot one winter. My wife hated that car and was praying it would have to be towed to a junk yard. She was not happy looking out the window one day and seeing me driving it out of the parking lot. I think that fuel pump was $20. Fortunately I weighed a lot less then, than now, and could shimmy under a car. We never had a house with a garage, or I'd still be into it.

Top Bottom