What's new

What's the one "manly" thing you don't know how to do?

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Lots. Horrible sense of direction. I’m a crude handyman lacking skills, but make up for with enthusiasm. Basic car maintenance…very basic.

Nice thread revival. I've got two, a trade and a sport:

Electrical - the one trade I am most likely to call in. And am grateful to pay the bill.
Hunting - a sport no one ever tried to teach me. I've butchered pigs, but I can't imagine dressing out large game, out in the woods.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Not only could I not hang drywall, but I am so low on the manly scale that I have no idea what drywall is. My house is from the 1930s and is made of stone and brick. The interior walls are plastered and then painted, or dressed with wallpaper - which I could not hang either 🤣
Drywall is just large sheets of gypsum board, generally 4 foot wide by 8 feet long and 1/4 to 3/4 inch thickness.
Lathe and plaster is another tough one, and way harder to do than drywall.

Thanks for the help Jim. I wasn't seeking for advice just some admissions.

Boy some of you guys are very good natured, makes me feel embarrased to be here. Next thing ya know I'll have Jimbo over mixing cement for me new garage while I'm snoring away at 12 o'clock midday?

BTW Jimmy, you got any "manly" things you don't know how to do?

Thanks anyways,
When my mom was 80 years old, she ordered 4 pallets of brick from Acme brick and hand laid a patio, walkway and edged her driveway with brick. When she had a bunch left over she built a wall of a raised bed that bordered the driveway and street for her azaleas and ended up ordering a fifth pallet to finish it. I'm ashamed to admit that mixing Quickcrete to set a bird feeder is the extent of my concrete talents.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
I really wish I could eat it as it is probably the healthiest food one can eat. Wish my parents had made me eat it. I would probably loved it by now.
The only liver I ever enjoyed was in Venice, where it is something of a local specialty. Sliced wafer-thin, it was just so damn good and totally unlike the vile leather served here in the states.

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
Watch “Field of Dreams” with dry eyes.
FE2EB196-F4CA-456A-8868-3582E89E7B4B.jpeg

Top Bottom