What's new

What Pen are you waiting for?

I have a parker 51 desk pen and a 30's sheaffer balance oversized on order.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Waiting on a new Pilot custom 912 with a WA nib from Pen Chalet. Placed my order yesterday. :badger:
That sounds like fun! I've always wanted to try a pilot wa nib. I wish pilot would sell their nibs separate from the pen so that trying their various nibs would be more economical.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
That sounds like fun! I've always wanted to try a pilot wa nib. I wish pilot would sell their nibs separate from the pen so that trying their various nibs would be more economical.
I'm very much looking forward to trying this pen and nib.
I'm a left handed writer, and do the sideways and from above the line type writing. From what I understand from my research this nib is more forgiving for those with my writing style, and also if you tend to roll the nib by writing this way it has less problems. I too wish they sold their nibs separately, and was a bit hesitant to choose this nib and just go with a medium nib instead, but I think it might be worth the risk (fingers crossed).

I have also read this nib is not just for left handed people, and right handed writers like them also. I'm very new to using fountain pens so I'm enjoying trying different things and learning. I've also have been using a keyboard almost exclusively for the past 35 years, and not doing much writing with pens of any kind, except to sign documents or writing short notes, so I'm also trying to rebuild my handwriting muscle memory and penmanship. :)

I'm very much looking forward to trying this pen and nib.
I'm a left handed writer, and do the sideways and from above the line type writing. From what I understand from my research this nib is more forgiving for those with my writing style, and also if you tend to roll the nib by writing this way it has less problems. I too wish they sold their nibs separately, and was a bit hesitant to choose this nib and just go with a medium nib instead, but I think it might be worth the risk (fingers crossed).

I have also read this nib is not just for left handed people, and right handed writers like them also. I'm very new to using fountain pens so I'm enjoying trying different things and learning. I've also have been using a keyboard almost exclusively for the past 35 years, and not doing much writing with pens of any kind, except to sign documents or writing short notes, so I'm also trying to rebuild my handwriting muscle memory and penmanship. :)
I've not tried a Pilot wa nib, but I have used old Sheaffer triumph nibs that look similar to the wa nib in that they too have the up turned nib tip. The old Sheaffers are a delight to write with (and I am right handed).

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
I've not tried a Pilot wa nib, but I have used old Sheaffer triumph nibs that look similar to the wa nib in that they too have the up turned nib tip. The old Sheaffers are a delight to write with (and I am right handed).
Yes my Sheaffer has it too.
At first glance I thought it was bent. 😁

This pen got me interested in fountain pens when I got it back.

Reactions: Jut
Top Bottom