What's new

What did you learn from your last shave?

- That as nostalgic as it is shaving with my Dad's Schick Injector J1 razor the last couple shaves it is just too aggressive for my liking these days. It is considerably light and hard to not apply pressure so time to set it aside again. Just can't let it go so long between uses though.

- That I like creams for ease/quickness of lathering when shaving in the morning before work. Gives me a little more time for the shave and not having to rush at it.

Never assume that you can't drop your shaving mug. My vintage Old Spice mug just fell in the sink and shattered. At least I have another one, but it still killed a piece of my soul.

1. Running my hard water through a Brita filter makes it possible to produce a reasonable lather.
2. Sometimes your razor can fall from the sink to a hard floor and neither break nor slice your foot. But I don't plan to press my luck.

Not from my last shave per se, but I learned that shaving with the grain doesn't mean going down. Took me an embarrassingly long time to figure out that WTG for me is kind of sideways on my neck.

Top Bottom