What's new

What did you learn from your last shave?

I need to just admit that my first ever DE razor, the VDH Razor, just doesn't give a good shave. I will now keep it for sentimental reasons, but the fruitless hope that it will give me a close shave will now be laid to rest.

I got my first ingrown hair since I started DE/SE shaving. It came up on my neck directly above my Adam's apple. This used to happen frequently when I used cartridge razors. I'm still trying to determine the cause, but it may have been due to not washing the skin properly and bacteria getting in the open pore. I must remember to always wash my face with a mild soap before shaving!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

- That for the second time in a week trying an after work shave just doesn't allow for a decent beard softening like a nice warm shower does. I did get a nice shave not being rushed but the whiskers seem a little stiffer. I do like not being rushed as it makes for a more calm shave.

I used a Feather blade today after a long time in a medium mild Razor (Mühle R89) with absolutely no pressure. I was reminding myself throughout the shave that no pressure, no pressure. Result was awesome BBS in 2.5 passes with no nicks, no cuts and absolutely no irritation. Should use this combination more frequently !

I have come to the conclusion that BBS is myth!! I will say that a DFS is possible every time out though. No matter what combo of equipment I use there is always something left behind that can only be felt ATG. This is not a bad thing for me as a DFS is more than good for me, but I have stopped chasing the myth, imo, anymore...

That my blade needs to be changed, but I think I am going to squeeze one more shave out of it. Only because I have some new ones that I want to try coming in the mail.

That there really shouldn't be a reason for 'unobtainium'. Good/great products will continue to sell if the formula that works isn't messed with.

Had a shave w/ La Toja Manantiales SS, SOC 2 band in Cherry, and Mongoose/Hempen Ti handle loaded w/ a Feather blade and it was a great shave. First time I've used La Toja since October 2016.

Sadly, the only way to obtain more of this great soap is from the BST at a price I can afford but am unwilling to pay.

marty

I have come to the conclusion that BBS is myth!! I will say that a DFS is possible every time out though. No matter what combo of equipment I use there is always something left behind that can only be felt ATG. This is not a bad thing for me as a DFS is more than good for me, but I have stopped chasing the myth, imo, anymore...
I shave close.

VERY close.

ExTREMEly close.

Yet no matter how close I shave there's ALWAYS a wee bit more.

Yet, it feels to ME like BBS. I've decided the definition is too strict, rendering it meaningless for practical purposes.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

On the very rare occasions that I shave with one of my shavettes - I remember why my shavettes spend
20170225_112742.jpg
most of the time as mirror decorations !!

My face doesn't like the CO Bigelow as much as Stirling. Could just be my poor technique, but I have much more irritation today than normal.

GSB's just aren't the blades for me!! I feel like I had my neck waxed this morning without removing the whiskers and it was only the 2nd use on the blade...

Top Bottom