What's new

What did you learn from your last shave?

That I don't need to be so OCD about obtaining BBS on my neck. Ingrown hairs are more common if you go BBS in the neck area i read right before I shaved last and a lot less irritation if I don't try to tackle that.

Load longer when the puck of soap gets smaller. My 3017 puck of Schafmilch is starting to dwindle a little and my normal amount of loading actually hasn't been enough for 3 passes. Had to take extra time today to load up.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

- That after trying Captain's Choice Sandalwood shave soap yet again I am just not that fond of the scent.

- That I thought I pretty much was able to get a good lather from any soap I come across but for some reason this Sandalwood soap is giving me problems. It is like I can't load enough the first time for more than one pass. Got to learn to try the load it like i stole it method next time.

Two pass shaves with more efficient razors are better for my skin than three pass shaves with less efficient razors. Same result, less irritation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

i usually rotate razors after the blade dies, but i'm using another blade in the old open comb tech because i really like it.

there's always a plan B.

- That shaving after work instead of before gives me a little more time to enjoy the shave. Bad thing is the prep suffers a little since I didn't shower.

- That every time I chase the BBS shave I get some irritation but I know in the future if BBS is necessary the slight irritation is tolerable. Sticking to CCS to DFS shaves in the future, or at least going to try to.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
- That shaving after work instead of before gives me a little more time to enjoy the shave. Bad thing is the prep suffers a little since I didn't shower.

- That every time I chase the BBS shave I get some irritation but I know in the future if BBS is necessary the slight irritation is tolerable. Sticking to CCS to DFS shaves in the future, or at least going to try to.
I could just copy and paste your entire post and sign my name to it. Think I will shave tonight so I can enjoy it!

I can shave XTG, then ATG for a close two-pass shave when I'm in a hurry.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

That patience, pressure and pre shave matters. Also that an alun block is amazing and the top of my head is babysmooth. Also I hatr shaving the neck since going WTG is not possible due to excessive beardage and ATG nearly beheaded me. In short, I have learned alot today :)

Top Bottom