What's new

What did you learn from your last shave?

Don't use your electric razor if your in a rush...Jez that sucked!
Going home after work and get a proper shave...if only to repair my skin!

Canned Barbasol can help deliver a great shave.

i used some of the yellow (Lanolin) today just for a diversion.

Nice results, no brush to rinse too.

I posted about this in the One Blade in February thread. This applies all the time but especially when a blade is diminishing... Good lathering technique using a slick soap and re-lathering well between each pass really benefits the shave.

I really need to use my synthetic brushes at this point of 3017ing a soap. I have so little left and it's getting very difficult to load an appropriate amount into my boar brush to get 3 passes comfortably. I know I can always go back to the puck, but my synthetics are a little more efficient on soap.

I also need to work on getting used to a slightly different shaving angle when I switch razors.

Razorock Baby Smooth + Derby blade is surprisingly a great match for me, but I need to change the blade frequently to get the best results. A smooth and efficient shave without irritation. Funny that this blade don't get along very well in most of my other razors. I used this combo with Proraso Blue cream, Proraso White balm and Proraso Green splash this morning.

yesterday i needed a real quick shave so i could put sunscreen on, grabbed Phillips-Norelco, and when i was done i realized why i've gone to DE shaving.

there's always a plan B.

I learned that my old Gillette Tech is a bit too mild for me. The head reminds me a lot of a Feather AS and it gives me shaves like the Feather does, very smooth and comfortable but I cant get to BBS with it.

- That I just am not getting along with Mama Bears soap. I just can't seem to get a decent l can't seem to get a decent lather with it.

I learnt BBS (and possibly even DFS) may be an impossibility for me. Been DE shaving for about 2 months (2-3 WTG passes with XTG along jawline and ATG under chin during touch up). Thursday decided to go for a WTG followed by XTG. The shave was pretty much DFS and was very proud. However the next day I was clawing at my skin due to the amount of ingrowns. I've always suffered which was one of the reasons I switched to DE and have only had 2-3 since the transition. Yet this is the most I've ever had in one go and many were in areas I've never suffered before.
Oh well, I also learned that anti-bac hand wash is really effective in helping irritation caused by ingrowns as when at work this was the only thing close to a moisturiser or wash available to me.

I learned that using my Mach 3 cart provides a closer, quicker, and irritation-free shave better than any DE razor/blade I've used. I still like DE shaving, but for quickness, smoothness and ease of use I can't beat the Mach 3. Oh and a $1.50 Barbasol canned shave cream works just as well as fancy shave soap/cream.

I still totally love the Italian Cella soap.

Used some today, I got a great shave. gonna order some more when the little red tub is used up.

It is slick and moisturizing!

I learned that using my Mach 3 cart provides a closer, quicker, and irritation-free shave better than any DE razor/blade I've used. I still like DE shaving, but for quickness, smoothness and ease of use I can't beat the Mach 3. Oh and a $1.50 Barbasol canned shave cream works just as well as fancy shave soap/cream.
Sacrilege... :a47: I'm kidding.. but I can't find the little Rolling on His Back Laughing guy...

Top Bottom