What's new

What camera do you use?

OK, you got us. I just gave my Olympus OM-10 from 25 years ago in excellent working shape back to my sister. She had traded it to me for a Commodore 64 Computer a while back.

I recently got a Canon Rebel XTi and am new to SLRs. I'm working out my current fear of using a flash and am currently researching flashes.

Anyone have any recommendations?

I recently got a Canon Rebel XTi and am new to SLRs. I'm working out my current fear of using a flash and am currently researching flashes.

My recommendation would be the Canon 430. Very nice flash that would serve you well. You can check it out here. I've purchased a lot of equipment from B&H and they're a very reputable company. They probably sell more photographic equipment than anyone else in the US.

If you wanted the best, buy the Canon 480. On my film cameras, I've used Metz, Lumedyne, etc. but I prefer to stick with the same type flash as camera in the newer digital cameras.

Congratulations! That camera is on my AD list. Let us know how you like it.

Canon SD700is here... love it. I wanted something grab-and-go and had enough of a macro function for tight shots on things like uhhh...razors and such.

We took it with us to Mexico, got some great shots and never felt like we were dragging around a darn camera. Oh, and I first charged it March 16th or so and I still haven't had to recharge it.

The other thing I did was get a high speed SD card. Downloading photos was painless and fast. I use Picasa instead of the Canon software, although I'm going to break down and install it because I want to try the photo stitching feature.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
The 700is is a great camera, but I'm looking (after recently buying three :cursing: ) at the 800is for the effective 28mm lens. The IS should be great for hand held, low light shots.

The panoramic stitch utility is very easy to use, and a kick. You can make a 360 degree picture with it.

The 700is is a great camera, but I'm looking (after recently buying three :cursing: ) at the 800is for the effective 28mm lens. The IS should be great for hand held, low light shots.

The panoramic stitch utility is very easy to use, and a kick. You can make a 360 degree picture with it.

I'm going to try that with the A640. I loaded the Canon Software and I have Picasa.

I recently purchased the Canon SD 800is, and I love it very much. The 28 mm is great, and overall the SD series really provides great value for their cost.

I have a Sony DSC-V1 digicam, a Yashica 300AF, and a Konica Autoreflex TC that my Dad gave me years ago. I'm actually going to be using the Konica now that I got the manual off eBay. I never took pics with it because I didn't know how to work it. As you can tell from all the dust, it hasn't been given much attention.

Ah Telly, you bring back good memories. A Konica TC was my first 35mm camera. Purchased it back in the mid to late 70s and it was a great camera. I love vintage cameras and if I didn't have shaving ADs so bad, I might have even more! Enjoy your ....er....new camera.

I'm surprised and shocked that everyone here uses the camera equivalent of Norelco Quadra Action shavers :wink: These are cameras:thumbup:

+1 – Though my own Pentax ME (built late 70's, about my age) falls squarely into the era of the Gillette GII (in Europe – is that the Atra in the US?)...

I love it, but I don't think I'll be scanning any SOTD photos too soon.

+1 – Though my own Pentax ME (built late 70's, about my age) falls squarely into the era of the Gillette GII (in Europe – is that the Atra in the US?)...

I love it, but I don't think I'll be scanning any SOTD photos too soon.

I love my ME. And ME Super.

Randy

A confirmed Olympus nut! I have a mint OM1 35m and an Olympus C5060 digital which if you can get hold of one secondhand is a stunning camera IMHO.

Not many people using rangefinders here. I love my voigtlander bessa R2a and my 35/1.2 lens is great because flashes are for people who are bad at taking pictures! and really, whats more fun than developing b&w film. its so easy too! no need for a darkroom, a bathroom works fine, and chemicals arent at all expensive though my $600 35mm film scanner might be considered a little pricy. (sorry for the picture spams)

I use a Canon D20 with a 24mm-100mm L lens. I could not be happier. I am a Canon guy. Never treated wrong, always good shots. Highly recommend to anyone.
Darren

Not many people using rangefinders here. I love my voigtlander bessa R2a and my 35/1.2 lens is great because flashes are for people who are bad at taking pictures! and really, whats more fun than developing b&w film. its so easy too! no need for a darkroom, a bathroom works fine, and chemicals arent at all expensive though my $600 35mm film scanner might be considered a little pricy. (sorry for the picture spams)

I COVET YOUR VOIGTLANDER!!:001_tt1:

I have (and still use) an Olympus OM-1, and OM-2n tha i bought in 1974.

Currently learning to use a Nikon D200 with 18-200mm (28-300 35 mm equivalent) Nikor VR

Jay

Top Bottom