What's new

What blade is the WORST for you.....

Has anyone claimed Astra or Voskhod or any color of Gillette 7 O'clock were the worst?
Yes, all of these have been claimed the worst several times (Astra 14x, 7 o'clock 9x, Voskhod 2x, not counting the ones I didn't spot because of misspelled names). And that's just this thread, there are other worst-blade-threads here on B&B! :laugh:

I got to agree with rdavis13 and Wednesdays ....derby (came with edwin jagger razor) and son-in-law gave me some dorcos both terrible! I ordered some personna 100 pk and 50 Feather and couldn't be happier. A lot of people are afraid of the Feathe but I think its great. No cuts, the Personna are also great more forgiving than the feather. I am stick with these unless someone gives me a better one to try. Any better one out there? Let me know.

After 6 months experience and developing a good technique with every other blade and razor I've used, I tried an Eddison for the first time recently:
Worst. Blade. Ever.

For me, that would be the Dollar General DE blades from VietNam. Made by Dorco. Tried one pass down my right cheek and stopped. Tossed that blade the the other four into the trash. Wouldn't even give them away.

Sharp........The only blade I've got rid of in the middle of a shave.

Regards,

~Steve~

Derby Extra
My face and Derby don't actually DISlike each other, but judging by the scratchy feeling and the itchiness and redness after shaving................
My face and Derby Extra blades are just like chalk and cheese !!

So far...Feather. Gillette Silver Blues seem to cut just as well and they're a lot smoother. Can't say I'm too crazy about Bolzano, either. :frown2:

Last edited:
Derby blades are the worst for me. I'd be better off using 80 grit sandpaper to shave with to achieve less irritation.

Dorco ST301 was the dullest and worst blade I have ever used. The blade kept tugging and pulling because it was so dull. An absolutely terrible shave.

Last edited:
Dorco. I'm revisiting blades in a Merkur 15C. The Merkur is an odd razor to me in that it shaves so smooth that it's closer than you think. Wilkerson, my go-to blade in the Edwin Jagger Kelvin and Weishi, leaves some irritation in the 15C, and so I went back to the Dorcos. These came with the Weishi, though I did try one Dollar General pack, and they pull brand new. I couldn't get any more than three saves out of them on the Weishi and Edwin Jagger.

This blade was no different. It pulled even after face prep of washing with soap and water twice and leaving the lather on a few minutes before shaving. Two shaves of that was enough.

OTOH, I tried the Derby, which came with the EJ and which I didn't like much better than the Dorco, and it shaved pretty well in the 15C. By my stubble now it's not as close as with the Wilkerson, but there's no irrigation.

still a rookie ... mess me up big time

That's the problem. Nacet is SHARP. If I'd used them starting out as a rookie, I'd have sworn them off as terrible too. Now they're my favorite blade, although I do still have to be careful.

It's like learning to drive stick shift in a sports car. Much easier to learn in a Corolla first, then move up.

Top Bottom