What's new

What blade is the WORST for you.....

Sharks, Gillette Silver Blues and Gillette Seven Oh Clock Yellows were all too blood thirsty for me. I gave each of the blades 3 chances. I usually can figure out how to use a blade in two shaves. I had multiple weepers on both cheeks and both sides of my neck. My face also burned all day from the shave.

Ill have to change mine to 7oC blacks. Give me weepers everywhere each time I use them. No other blade does this...including Feathers.

Feathers. I get three, at max, good shaves out of them and they are no longer sharp enough. Considering their price, it isn't worth it for me. With Lab Blue Personnas, I can get about 6-7 shaves, easily.

Derby's were the worst for me so far. I used two of them. One shave each. Don't know how they can be sold as shaving blades...tugged and pulled a lot. Didn't even make it through 1st shave on second blade. I had to switch mid-shave it was that bad, at least for me.

I was this weekend in a store they have wilkies (wilkerson) i leave them becouse of the bad reputation.

Are there different types of "wilkies"? I've used the Wilkinson Sword's in the back dispenser and had great success with them...

Derby's were the worst for me so far. I used two of them. One shave each. Don't know how they can be sold as shaving blades...tugged and pulled a lot. Didn't even make it through 1st shave on second blade. I had to switch mid-shave it was that bad, at least for me.

+1 Derby's have been the worst, all tug. I stopped using them after two shaves.

wilkinson sword I wanted to try them got a small pack and unless they were all dud blades then they really are terrible they had this brown gluey dirty looking stuff on them they were disgusting pulling hairs on a new blade I couldnt believe it, worse experience than derbys and man I hate derbys too this was a shock I am pretty blade tolerable

Treet classic or Durasharps are both NOT made for me. The former feels like a poorly sharpened butter knife, while the latter just goes to pot by the second pass.

Personna Reds. Couldn't get a close shave and had lots of irritation. Haven't tried the blues yet to see if they work better for me.

For me it is either Merkur, or whatever CVS blade my wife's cousin lent me. Odd because they're supposedly Personna but mine were not. I didn't see the pack, but suspect it might have been a SK aka Dorco blade.

When my wife got my kit at AoS her instinct was Merkur since German steel has a reputation (i.e. our Wusthof knives at home). The salesman told to get the Gillette Platinums and she did, and they work great for me even after a lot of sampling. If I had gotten the Merkur, I dunno if I would have been drawn into this whole thing.

Top Bottom