What's new

What Are You Reading?

I have yielded to temptation. :blush:
I put Heinlein's "The Number of the Beast" aside for now, and bought an epub of Harry Turtledove's "Bombs Away!", The first of the "Hot War" alternative history series.
"The Korean War escalates into World War III after Harry Truman allows Douglas MacArthur to use atomic bombs like he'd wanted to, leading to a chain reaction of nuclear bomb attacks throughout Asia, Europe, and North America."​

No Country For Old Men by Cormac McCarthy

proxy.php

New to the thread, happy to see other bibliophiles.

So far this year:

"Silence" by Endo
"The Jungle Book" by Kipling
"Out of the Ashes: Rebuilding American Culture" by Esolen
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy by Tolkien (2nd time through)

Currently reading "Tremendous Trifles" by Chesterton through and online book club

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stories from Potomac County written by my former co worker and friend Chuck Smith. Its a great collection of tales from rural Virginia in times gone by.

I just finished A Tournament of Murders, the third book PC Doherty's series centered around the pilgrims in Canterbury Tails. I really liked it and am about to start the next book.

To whoever recommended the books a couple of months ago, thanks.

Traveling Man, PC Doherty is one of my favorite authors when I can find him at the library.
Thanks for reminding me to look for him again.

I just finished Elie Wiesel's The Sonderberg Case... Wiesel is another great voice.

Currently reading Every Man's Marriage, and Leading with a Limp. Both great books one is about creating oneness with your wife and the other is about knowing and identifying weakness in order to become a better leader.
For pleasure I have been reading The Fountainhead and just finished Anthem.

Top Bottom