What's new

Vintage Ambrose strop...

I thought I would pop in and thank everyone for the kind words and support. It means alot to me :blushing: Also to make things a little more clear for anyone that might be confused.

Bellow are the leathers I have recently made strops from and what they are made out of.

1. Spanish Horse - This is a leather from Spanish tannery, the leather is a shoulder cut

2. Cordovan - This is genuine shell from the Horween company

3. Horse Hide - These are made from the horse butt not shell, these are also known as north of cordovan. Ive made soft finishing strops, also a few treated and made to mimic a vintage shell, also a hard compressed version.

I thought I would pop in and thank everyone for the kind words and support. It means alot to me :blushing: Also to make things a little more clear for anyone that might be confused.

Bellow are the leathers I have recently made strops from and what they are made out of.

1. Spanish Horse - This is a leather from Spanish tannery, the leather is a shoulder cut

2. Cordovan - This is genuine shell from the Horween company

3. Horse Hide - These are made from the horse butt not shell, these are also known as north of cordovan. Ive made soft finishing strops, also a few treated and made to mimic a vintage shell, also a hard compressed version.

I've got a number one; can you compare 2 and 3 to that for draw, etc?

Got the strop and razor today! They look awesome! Can't wait to test them out further! The packaging from Ambrose was also first class!

Man, Jose must be really old if is strops are vintage.
And think that he is still in business, no wonder he's making great strops, when you have 100 years of experience under your belt :lol:

Seriously, I have a Neil Miller Linen/Buffalo that I am very happy with, but seeing the Ambrose-strops makes me really consider getting another...

Top Bottom