What's new

Vielong closing down

I think it has a lot to do with the price range they were in. Or price category They were up against the cheaper Chinese stuff. No one in that price range can beat the Chinese.

I think it has a lot to do with the price range they were in. Or price category They were up against the cheaper Chinese stuff. No one in that price range can beat the Chinese.

Well they made different brushes at different price points. They were also never as internationally known as a company like Simpsons. Even a niche brand like Semogue, which got more popular over time, is more well-known than Vielong.

I don't really need another brush but might try to buy another VL before they completely disappear. I'll decide in a couple of weeks maybe.

Here are the two VL brushes I have. Both really good but different.

The one on the left is a silvertip badger, limited run from Bull Goose back in 2012. Very dense and luxurious. I actually liked it more than my Rooney 2XL beehive which I sold awhile after getting this brush.

The one on the right is a synth fiber brush that I got more recently at the tail end of BG's 50% off sale.

I did have a third brush at one point, which was the horsehair version of the BGS2012. Not my cup of tea and I quickly sold it. Too scritchy for me. I know some folks like horsehair, but it was not for me.

vl brushes.jpg

Here are the two VL brushes I have. Both really good but different.

The one on the left is a silvertip badger, limited run from Bull Goose back in 2012. Very dense and luxurious. I actually liked it more than my Rooney 2XL beehive which I sold awhile after getting this brush.

The one on the right is a synth fiber brush that I got more recently at the tail end of BG's 50% off sale.

I did have a third brush at one point, which was the horsehair version of the BGS2012. Not my cup of tea and I quickly sold it. Too scritchy for me. I know some folks like horsehair, but it was not for me.

View attachment 1761464
Beautiful, cvac! Cheers, sir!

Top Bottom