What's new

Traveling Ink Box (US) Part II

Let's get this back up and kicking (again)! I want to get a confirmation from each of you that have signed up you're still onboard. Hopefully, the cold temps will start to be less of a trend across the country in the next month or so and we won't have to worry about any bottles breaking. Anyone else who wants to signup is more than welcome to, and is encouraged to do so.

@Komboloi -- NV
@DukeNDuke -- IL
@Go West Young Man - CA
@Heckle -- CT
@MonoTiki -- GA
@fightingillini22 -- IL
@Jut --IL
@OtherMoe -- IA

i think I can be in with the list in that/similar order; I'm traveling even more than before and the weather should be better by the time it gets to me.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Suggestion:

Have the box travel in the southern/warmer states for the next couple months, and go through the more northerly states in the summer. That way there's less risk of having the box freeze if left on someone's doorstep or on a loading bay or in an unheated delivery truck or some such place.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Suggestion:

Have the box travel in the southern/warmer states for the next couple months, and go through the more northerly states in the summer. That way there's less risk of having the box freeze if left on someone's doorstep or on a loading bay or in an unheated delivery truck or some such place.

That'll be the plan. :001_smile

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Thanks, everyone! It looks like we've heard from everyone on the list. The box should ship out from Ontario early this week. Hopefully, customs will be swift with it. Once I know that it's made it into the States, I'll PM whomever it'll go to first to get their address.

Hello sir I'm curious, since I'm new if someone would go through and list all the bottles in the pass I could pick up a couple of bottles that are not in the box. If you would be willing to send me the box I'd like to take some samples of a few of the different inks that are in there and replace with a couple of bottles that I have taken samples out of. Or is the pass only to exchange new bottles?

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Hello sir I'm curious, since I'm new if someone would go through and list all the bottles in the pass I could pick up a couple of bottles that are not in the box. If you would be willing to send me the box I'd like to take some samples of a few of the different inks that are in there and replace with a couple of bottles that I have taken samples out of. Or is the pass only to exchange new bottles?

I can add you too the list if you would, please, let us know what state you live in so that we can know where you might fall into the shipping order. I'll take inventory when I receive the box. The point isn't to exchange new bottles, but items of equal, or greater, value. Let's see what things look like when it gets back over the boarder. :thumbup1:

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Just an update, Guys. I'm not sure how long customs will have fun with the box, but hopefully it should get here sometime fairly soon. So, we'll just have to be patient, and I'll update everyone as soon as I receive it or get notification that the box has made it through.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Komboloi -- NV
DukeNDuke -- IL
Go West Young Man - CA
Heckle -- CT
MonoTiki -- GA
FightingIllini22 -- IL
Jut --IL
kxthor -- LA

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
The box has arrived! I probably won't have time to go through and inventory everything until tomorrow. There is some ink spillage, and there might possibly be two broken bottles, but it's hard to tell until I can get the bags cleaned up and wiped off. I'll snap a couple of pictures and post them tomorrow when I go through everything.

Last edited:
proxy.php

Top Bottom