What's new

Top 5 DE Confessions

1. I liken my DE razor to a 56 Chevy. It's very cool and a nice show car, but as a daily workhorse, my Accord drives better. For me, a Sensor is the Accord of razors.
  2. Every time I read a post on this forum about someone nicking themselves with their DE razor, it confirms #1.
  3. AGGRESSIVE is not a feature I look for in a sharp metal blade that I'm going to run along my neck and face.
  4. I don't know what people are talking about when they compare different DE blades as if each brand had vastly different and unique characteristics. I've tried two brands of blades and I can't tell them apart. They are razors. They are sharp. They cut hair.
  5. My shave DEN is a small drawer.

1) I’m a member of BEAST, the Muhle R41 Club, but just sold my R41, which was my second razor. I’m trending minimal and the only modern DE I’ve kept is a Wunderbar: it’s plenty effective and requires less carefulness in use, which I value nowadays.
2) My first razor was an AOS-purchased Merkur 34C. I quickly abandoned it as too mild in favor of the R41, but now that I have better technique I would like to use it again, but I can’t find it—I don’t know what I did with it: did I actually throw it out!?!
3) I also sometimes apply AS when I haven’t shaved;
4) I recently bought two jars of Proraso Pre-Shave thinking it was a Post-shave cream. It doesn’t work as an AS. Left to dry, it creates so much friction you can’t run your hands over your face;
5) I like SEs more than DEs, and especially like GEM razors and the Japanese Schick II Twin blades.

1) I roll my eyes everytime I read that a shaving brush exfoliates. The razor blade exfoliates enough when shaving.
2) The lather that looks all fluffy like a cloud in pics it’s terrible for shaving with.
3) I think some people that hate some mild razors can’t or don’t like to hold the proper shaving angle.
4) I prefer modern mild and efficient razors with sharp blades and don’t really care for BBS.
5) It’s just shaving, common sense is just a important as technique.

Top Bottom