What's new

The Worst Blade?

Also the walmart wilkinson swords too. Tugs and pulls the first pass and wont cut the stubble thats left in second and third pass.

Based on price and the number of quality shaves that can be gotten from the blade the Feather is the most overrated and overhyped blade out there. 2 shaves and then you might as well be using a butter knife.

interesting..my experience with butter knives, both sides for good measure, was pretty smooth and no irritation, no pulling or tugging but also no cutting action.

i have tried a bunch of the worst rated (Dorco 300, derby, feather, wally wilks, whatever) and i find them totally serviceable in the only DE i really have (slant).. I must not be as sensitive. I do notice the feather sharpness, but not the tugging of the "dull" rated ones... I definitely feel the tugging/pulling of a straight with a deteriorating straight though..

I find the type of razor you're using effects blade performance. For example, I'll only use a Feather in a slant, but never a Lord because it's too painful. I can use a Lord in a Fat Handle Tech. and find it's a good blade.

I find the type of razor you're using effects blade performance. For example, I'll only use a Feather in a slant, but never a Lord because it's too painful. I can use a Lord in a Fat Handle Tech. and find it's a good blade.

+1

I have had blades that seemed close to useless perform x times better in another razor.

I haven't tried much, but Derby's are NOT for me.

I think I have a tough, fast growing beard because I am enjoying my feather samples. Red Israelli's are good too

any double edge chinese blade,I have tried supermax and topaz and a couple more whose names I was happy to forget...they feel like their edges were honed on a beat up sidewalk...horrible...

Derby. Remarkably horrific.

I used these a while ago and thought they were really bad along with the bluebirds. Tried them again last week and it wasnt half bad. Not sure if i would invest in a brick but it was ok if i didnt have anything else.

any double edge chinese blade,I have tried supermax and topaz and a couple more whose names I was happy to forget...they feel like their edges were honed on a beat up sidewalk...horrible...

They are honed on a sidewalk. look for the how its made video on youtube.

Top Bottom