What's new

The Tech Clone Wars

Why is it unfortunate? A seller has an item, prospective buyers desire the item, the auction determines who is willing to pay the most for that particular example.

Remember also.........you can't take it with you. I've never seen a hearse followed by a Brinks truck. Do what makes you happy and if that means paying what some would consider a high price for a relatively rare and desirable razor, have at it!

Happy shaves to you!
I have to agree with you, money only has value in its use or potential use, not in itself. I spent what some might consider a lot for a Hybrid Tech, but am well satisfied as I think it shaves better than the comparably priced Wolfman razor.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Why is it unfortunate? A seller has an item, prospective buyers desire the item, the auction determines who is willing to pay the most for that particular example.

Remember also.........you can't take it with you. I've never seen a hearse followed by a Brinks truck. Do what makes you happy and if that means paying what some would consider a high price for a relatively rare and desirable razor, have at it!

Happy shaves to you!

I have to agree with you, money only has value in its use or potential use, not in itself. I spent what some might consider a lot for a Hybrid Tech, but am well satisfied as I think it shaves better than the comparably priced Wolfman razor.
Lighten up, gentlemen. It was an off the cuff comment in response to how the price of Hybrid Techs seem to be rising. No one is making a value judgement on whatever you paid for your Tech/NEW Hybrid razors.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming.

It may sound strange, but the 7 O'clock Sterling is my favorite Tech head. I got one about 10 years ago and it has been in my rotation (sometimes months at the time) ever since. Mine is made well, everything lines perfectly and both parts are magnetic. I have a British alu handle Tech and a RR Teck II. I use all three heads with an Ikon Buldog SS handle. The 7 O'clock Sterling is a bit more aggressive than the other two, but is nicely efficient. It's not picky about blades or shaving angles (or at least I've gotten used to it). Gives me a nice clean shave with no irritation.

Last edited:
If you like the 7Oc/Lord L5, check out the RR DE1/Baili BD176. They are smooth and mild, just a bit closer shave than the Tech.

Top Bottom