What's new

The Speakeasy Acquisitions - 2016

Some of the best tasting scotch and bourbon I have ever had.
Pretty much all I drink here at home.
LIFE IS GOOD!!!!!!!
My wife got me a bottle of the Blanton's for Father's day and I'm loving it. Much better than my usual Wild Turkey 101 or Buffalo Trace.

How do you like the others pictured? I've been thinking of trying Four Roses or Elijah Craig next.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Larceny is the only one I will not buy again. It's good but not for me.
Ill let the picture tell you what my favorite is.
Except for the OGD. That's for those who like mixed drinks. I didn't want to stage the shot.

They are all great!
My favorite scotch is Lagavulin 16, then Ardbeg 10, and lastly is Laphroaig Quarter Cask

Bourbon
Elijah Craig 12 year

The rest are really good but EC 12 to my taste buds beats the rest.
That is the reason there is not a liquor store in this area with any EC12 left. It's all NAS!

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
This is my haul for the week so far. Six bottles and its only Tuesday! :w00t:

full
&original=1?cache=1467732605[/IMG]

From the left are Gordon & MacPhail Connoisseurs' Choice Caol Ila and Ledaig and a Bowmore 12 year old from the Aussie single malt club EFY sale. Then a very lucky auction score of three Bruichladdich Organic Islay barley.

I need to pull my head in for bit now...

Last edited by a moderator:

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
This bottle fell into my cart today.
I hope it's as good as the quarter cask and Ardbeg 10, and Lagavulin 16.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 73
My first Laphroaig. I usually have not been a huge fan of "peaty" scotches but I think my tastes have changed. Perhaps it is the Caol Ila 18 that I bought a while back. Anyway, this stuff is pretty good!
$Laproaig10 (1).jpg

$image.jpgYesterday's delivery.. Acnoc 12 highland malt, Starward Solera sherry cask aged Australian Single malt, Blantons private reserve single barrel bourbon, Iniquity Batch 5 Peated South Australian single malt.

Larceny is the only one I will not buy again. It's good but not for me.
Ill let the picture tell you what my favorite is.
Except for the OGD. That's for those who like mixed drinks. I didn't want to stage the shot.

They are all great!
My favorite scotch is Lagavulin 16, then Ardbeg 10, and lastly is Laphroaig Quarter Cask

Bourbon
Elijah Craig 12 year

The rest are really good but EC 12 to my taste buds beats the rest.
That is the reason there is not a liquor store in this area with any EC12 left. It's all NAS!
Thanks for the suggestion. I got a bottle of Elijah Craig (NAS of course) and it's really good. I like whiskey and I like rum, so a sweeter bourbon is the choice for me.

I'm going to explore more of the heaven Hill maahbill (Evan Williams BiB is next on my list), I just got into bourbons, so I missed EC12 by about 6 months.

I will have to upload a pic when I get back home - have a Ardbeg - 2015 Supernova, Dark Cove, Perpetuum and might have a bit of Highland Park (?) if not will be getting more. As for Bourbon just have a Stagg Jr and 1792 Full Proof
Need to get more Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban now that I think about it
Love Aberlour as well
:drool:

[Edit: obviously the Super Nova was not a 2016 acquisitions]

Last edited:
I picked op several I wasn't planning on but figured I better get them while they were available:
Russell's Reserve Single Barrel - 110 proof and non-chill filtered.
Jefferson's Reserve - Very Old, Very Small Batch - 90.2 proof Hand selected by Brown Derby
Sazerac Rye - 6 yr old
Rittenhouse 100 BIB

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I read that red wine can help with arthritis pain, so I figured "what the heck?". Nothing special, the label just appealed to me.
$wine.jpg

Top Bottom