What's new

The Speakeasy Acquisitions - 2016

The Applejack is to try a Corpse Reviver #1. The others are for whatever moves the "spirit." :laugh:
$Acquisitions.jpg

Last edited:
Needed a white rum for classic daquiris. Really nothing interesting in the silver category at the Publix Liquors, so I went with a Cape Coral distiller in a $19 bottle. There were several dark rums there that I'd like to try, especially Papi's Pilar. Next time. There was also a bottle of Sazerac Rye for $30, so Sazerac Friday is about to make a comeback!

Needed a white rum for classic daquiris. Really nothing interesting in the silver category at the Publix Liquors, so I went with a Cape Coral distiller in a $19 bottle. There were several dark rums there that I'd like to try, especially Papi's Pilar. Next time. There was also a bottle of Sazerac Rye for $30, so Sazerac Friday is about to make a comeback!
Man I wish I could find that Sazerac Rye around here. I would really like to give it a try.

Man I wish I could find that Sazerac Rye around here. I would really like to give it a try.
Why is it difficult to obtain there, do you think? It's distilled one state north (I'm sure you know!).
http://bourbonr.com/blog/whiskey-review-sazerac-6-year/
Found that^^ interesting. Cliff notes: 1) Low rye straight rye whisky at 51% rye 2) There is a Sazerac 18 that isn't distilled at Buffalo Trace, but will be soon 3) GOOD STUFF for under $40 a bottle!

Last edited:
Why is it difficult to obtain there, do you think? It's distilled one state north (I'm sure you know!).
http://bourbonr.com/blog/whiskey-review-sazerac-6-year/
Found that^^ interesting. Cliff notes: 1) Low rye straight rye whisky at 51% rye 2) There is a Sazerac 18 that isn't distilled at Buffalo Trace, but will be soon 3) GOOD STUFF for under $40 a bottle!
I'm sure it is because the stores that I frequent have distributors the don't handle it. The search will continue!

Got me another bottle of Buffalo Trace. I think this is my favorite mixing bourbon.
$BuffaloTrace.jpg

I've been looking for a rum other than Bacardi to mix daiquiris with. Thought i would try this out.
$ElDorado.jpg

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I, unfortunately, was used to that! But those days are now over 31 years in my past.

I'm glad that it was not part of my youth but a trip to the bottle store was never far away.
Now with the online stores, the variety available is much better. Not to mention it was cheaper than what I could drive to and pick up.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I'm glad that it was not part of my youth but a trip to the bottle store was never far away.
Now with the online stores, the variety available is much better. Not to mention it was cheaper than what I could drive to and pick up.
I've just reread my post and realized it could be construed to mean something I did not intend. I would still be drinking ETOH once in a while if I could, I just never could. So please don't think I was judging. If I thought it was worth trying I would try to drink in moderation. Some days I might be able to. But I never was able to youth, so I guess I should trust my history, lol.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I've just reread my post and realized it could be construed to mean something I did not intend. I would still be drinking ETOH once in a while if I could, I just never could. So please don't think I was judging. If I thought it was worth trying I would try to drink in moderation. Some days I might be able to. But I never was able to youth, so I guess I should trust my history, lol.

All good mate, I did not think you where judging at all.
I was a heavy drinker in my youth. I once flatted with a manager of a bottle store and a sales rep for a alcohol distributor.
The amount of drink flowing in that flat was dangerous. They said I drank more than them. Home delivery was if you wanted it or not. :lol:

Now I only have a drink on the odd occasion, all within moderation.

Havana Club Anejo Blanco
White Puerto Rican Rum made by Bacardi. "Based on a recipe created in Cuba", according to the label. Sippable out of the bottle, good flavor, slightly sweet. Not exactly Cuban, but not the normal Bacardi firewater either.

Top Bottom