What's new

The ROCKWELL 6s Razor Tour Pass-Around.....

Shave 4

Plate 5 this morning was a little too aggressive for the kind on mindless, easy shave I’ve gotten used to from this razor in the last 4 days. Plate 5 wasn’t bad, but I did get a little cut on the ATG pass (on my chin, which is usually where it happens).

I would be more careful in the future, but plate 4 was just so easy, and gave me a great shave, that I think that’s the sweet spot for me and would be my daily driver if I owned this razor.

So, tomorrow I’m back to plate 4.

Also, I saw some room in the box this morning and tossed in a 10 pack of the Personna Israeli Reds I’ve been using. They have worked really well for me, but as with all blades, YMMV. The box will now come with a pretty good variety of blade options (Astra, Derby, Personna, and Rockwell).

Same here with plate 5. I tend to start a new blade on 3 then move to 4 as it smooths out. Great review, thank you.

Shaves 5-7

I did all of these shaves on plate 4 with various soaps and aftershaves. Personna Israeli Reds for all shaves. Plate 4 shaves like a dream. It’s mild, but efficient, and can do things that razors ordinarily can’t do without significant irritation (like going up on my lower neck).

Some overall impressions of the 6s:

The razor feels in your hand like it’s good quality. The weight and balance are very nice. Additionally, I’ve heard some complaints that the head is bulky. It is, but I found that I could maneuver the razor just fine, even under the nose.

If I had $100 to spare, the 6s would already be ordered. Since I don’t, the razor is going to the top of my “to buy” queue.

I wonder how many of these 6s’s have been sold as a result of this thread!

The razor will be on its way tomorrow to its next temporary home.

Shaves 5-7

I did all of these shaves on plate 4 with various soaps and aftershaves. Personna Israeli Reds for all shaves. Plate 4 shaves like a dream. It’s mild, but efficient, and can do things that razors ordinarily can’t do without significant irritation (like going up on my lower neck).

The razor feels in your hand like it’s good quality. The weight and balance are very nice. Additionally, I’ve heard some complaints that the head is bulky. It is, but I found that I could maneuver the razor just fine, even under the nose.

If I had $100 to spare, the 6s would already be ordered. Since I don’t, the razor is going to the top of my “to buy” queue.

Very good write ups on your experiences my friend. :thumbup1:

Shaves 5-7

Great report :thumbup1:

I reacted to R4 similarly...great combination of efficiency coupled with forgiveness.

Updated list:

Rockwell 6s US Tour

-chaturvedi11 (completed)
-gvw755 (completed)
-Hoka Hey (completed)
-DCRIII (completed)
-Head-shaver (completed)
-Sdm84 (completed)
-bobmsp (completed)
-gwsmallwood (completed)
-Rory1262 (completed)
-ozarkedger (completed)
-lancre (completed)
-BigSpivito (completed)
-Gdawgs (completed)
-meanpr (completed)
-Johnnynroy (completed)
-himself62 (completed)
-valthun (completed)
-danlaw (Completed)
-Cg006 (completed)
-ShavePastor (completed)
-03Jarhead (completed)
-captnronfl (completed)
-Griever (completed)
-jldallas (completed)
-Dfoulk (completed)
-kxthor (completed)
-Graydog (completed)
-Grundi (completed)
-Cut Throat (completed)
-Newmania (completed)
-Dave in Ky (completed)
-dezmil (completed)
-JimDandy (completed)
-dmshaver (completed)
-Ray Settanta (completed)
-Gorris (completed)
-Odenihy (completed)
-DeathKnell (in-hand testing)
-sgarnett (on deck)
-Bog hopper (in the hole)
-Hands Soslo
-Clark Finestead

Keep those shave reports coming Gents.

Get your Shave On..... :shaving:

Shave 1

Soap: Van Der Hagen
Razor: Rockwell 6S with Plate 1
Blade: Derby Extra
Aftershave: None today (off playing Army and didn't pack any)

Review: It took me a minute to get used to the weight but I love it. Plate 1 is really mild for my face and I did the second pass with Plate 3. Plate 3 did the trick and I had a DFS. I'm home now so I'm expecting a more relaxing experience tomorrow. Overall, it's a great start with a very nice razor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Shave 1

Soap: Van Der Hagen
Razor: Rockwell 6S with Plate 1
Blade: Derby Extra
Aftershave: None today (off playing Army and didn't pack any)

Review: It took me a minute to get used to the weight but I love it. Plate 1 is really mild for my face and I did the second pass with Plate 3. Plate 3 did the trick and I had a DFS. I'm home now so I'm expecting a more relaxing experience tomorrow. Overall, it's a great start with a very nice razor.

Thanks for your report. I've never used plate 1 but I've had good results with 2 for 24 hour stubble. Usually I'm somewhere around R3 or R4 depending on blade.

Shave 2

Soap- Soap of the Gods Black Cavendish
Razor- Rockwell 6S with Plate 2
Blade- Astra SP
Aftershave- Pinaud Special Reserve

Review- Shave 2 went way better. Still getting used to the weight of the razor but the shave was amazing. 1 pass WTG and then 1 pass ATG with very little touch up. I had hardly any feedback from the aftershave (just on the neck which is normal for me). Looking forward to the next shave. I'm going to stay with the Astra's from here on out.

Shave 2

Soap- Soap of the Gods Black Cavendish
Razor- Rockwell 6S with Plate 2
Blade- Astra SP
Aftershave- Pinaud Special Reserve

Review- Shave 2 went way better. Still getting used to the weight of the razor but the shave was amazing. 1 pass WTG and then 1 pass ATG with very little touch up. I had hardly any feedback from the aftershave (just on the neck which is normal for me). Looking forward to the next shave. I'm going to stay with the Astra's from here on out.

Excellent :thumbup1:

Alright, everybody. First let me apologize for the delay in posts. Life has been in full swing lately. My saving grace has been my daily shave with the Rockwell. Shaves 3-7 were amazing! I tried plates 5 and 6 but plate 4 is my sweet spot. I appreciate the chance to test out this razor and it is currently on the way to the next lucky gentleman.

Alright, everybody. First let me apologize for the delay in posts. Life has been in full swing lately. My saving grace has been my daily shave with the Rockwell. Shaves 3-7 were amazing! I tried plates 5 and 6 but plate 4 is my sweet spot. I appreciate the chance to test out this razor and it is currently on the way to the next lucky gentleman.

I just used the 6s and plate 4 all week during a business trip. A great plate for me too :)

Life is in full swing for me, too. The 6S arrived today, so I’m looking forward to the first shave in the morning. Thanks, DeathKnell and GlazedBoker!

It keeps getting rave reviews, hope you like it. I Purchased a 6C and started using it yesterday. A beautiful instrument!

Updated list:

Rockwell 6s US Tour

-gvw755 (completed)
-Hoka Hey (completed)
-DCRIII (completed)
-Head-shaver (completed)
-Sdm84 (completed)
-bobmsp (completed)
-gwsmallwood (completed)
-Rory1262 (completed)
-ozarkedger (completed)
-lancre (completed)
-BigSpivito (completed)
-Gdawgs (completed)
-meanpr (completed)
-Johnnynroy (completed)
-himself62 (completed)
-valthun (completed)
-danlaw (Completed)
-Cg006 (completed)
-ShavePastor (completed)
-03Jarhead (completed)
-captnronfl (completed)
-Griever (completed)
-jldallas (completed)
-Dfoulk (completed)
-kxthor (completed)
-Graydog (completed)
-Grundi (completed)
-Cut Throat (completed)
-Newmania (completed)
-Dave in Ky (completed)
-dezmil (completed)
-JimDandy (completed)
-dmshaver (completed)
-Gorris (completed)
-Odenihy (completed)
-DeathKnell (completed)
-sgarnett (in hand testing)
-Bog hopper (on deck)
-Hands Soslo (in the hole)
-Clark Finestead

It has been one heck of a Tour for the Rockwell 6s but, the time has come to close it out. Would you believe over a year out touring the country and visiting various members (and enabling a few for sure) in this forum? I never would have thought it would have carried this far. But, alas, all good things must come to an end. Yes, the Tour will come to a close as @Clark Finestead will be the last member the 6s will visit. It has been an amazing ride watching this thread and seeing those who benefited from the tour and shaves the razor provided and to those that didn’t, it was still great to have as many of you that participated writing up great reviews and insight as to your shave experience with the Rockwell 6s. Thanks to all of you for making this thread what I did not ever think it would be.

I’m thinking of a PIF for this razor to close it out and in keeping with what the thread was all about. Giving someone a chance to try out and experience a higher end razor (perhaps on the lower end of the $$$ scale but, there are those that will say $100 for a razor is pretty steep) without committing to a purchase first and not work out for them. Once the razor gets back home, I’ll put up more specifics and details for PIF’ing the razor. Still about 4-6 weeks away.

By the way, just a quick teaser, once this tour shuts down there will be another right behind it. Won’t say what it is yet but, just stay tuned to the DE sub-forum.

Would like to also give a big thank you to the Admins, Moderators and the B&B staff for letting me run this Tour to the benefit of the members here. Thanks again.

Updated list:

Rockwell 6s US Tour

-gvw755 (completed)
-Hoka Hey (completed)
-DCRIII (completed)
-Head-shaver (completed)
-Sdm84 (completed)
-bobmsp (completed)
-gwsmallwood (completed)
-Rory1262 (completed)
-ozarkedger (completed)
-lancre (completed)
-BigSpivito (completed)
-Gdawgs (completed)
-meanpr (completed)
-Johnnynroy (completed)
-himself62 (completed)
-valthun (completed)
-danlaw (Completed)
-Cg006 (completed)
-ShavePastor (completed)
-03Jarhead (completed)
-captnronfl (completed)
-Griever (completed)
-jldallas (completed)
-Dfoulk (completed)
-kxthor (completed)
-Graydog (completed)
-Grundi (completed)
-Cut Throat (completed)
-Newmania (completed)
-Dave in Ky (completed)
-dezmil (completed)
-JimDandy (completed)
-dmshaver (completed)
-Gorris (completed)
-Odenihy (completed)
-DeathKnell (completed)
-Bog hopper (on deck)
-Clark Finestead

It has been one heck of a Tour for the Rockwell 6s but, the time has come to close it out. Would you believe over a year out touring the country and visiting various members (and enabling a few for sure) in this forum? I never would have thought it would have carried this far. But, alas, all good things must come to an end. Yes, the Tour will come to a close as @Clark Finestead will be the last member the 6s will visit. It has been an amazing ride watching this thread and seeing those who benefited from the tour and shaves the razor provided and to those that didn’t, it was still great to have as many of you that participated writing up great reviews and insight as to your shave experience with the Rockwell 6s. Thanks to all of you for making this thread what I did not ever think it would be.

I’m thinking of a PIF for this razor to close it out and in keeping with what the thread was all about. Giving someone a chance to try out and experience a higher end razor (perhaps on the lower end of the $$$ scale but, there are those that will say $100 for a razor is pretty steep) without committing to a purchase first and not work out for them. Once the razor gets back home, I’ll put up more specifics and details for PIF’ing the razor. Still about 4-6 weeks away.

By the way, just a quick teaser, once this tour shuts down there will be another right behind it. Won’t say what it is yet but, just stay tuned to the DE sub-forum.

Would like to also give a big thank you to the Admins, Moderators and the B&B staff for letting me run this Tour to the benefit of the members here. Thanks again.

Well done sir!

Updated list:

Rockwell 6s US Tour

-gvw755 (completed)
-Hoka Hey (completed)
-DCRIII (completed)
-Head-shaver (completed)
-Sdm84 (completed)
-bobmsp (completed)
-gwsmallwood (completed)
-Rory1262 (completed)
-ozarkedger (completed)
-lancre (completed)
-BigSpivito (completed)
-Gdawgs (completed)
-meanpr (completed)
-Johnnynroy (completed)
-himself62 (completed)
-valthun (completed)
-danlaw (Completed)
-Cg006 (completed)
-ShavePastor (completed)
-03Jarhead (completed)
-captnronfl (completed)
-Griever (completed)
-jldallas (completed)
-Dfoulk (completed)
-kxthor (completed)
-Graydog (completed)
-Grundi (completed)
-Cut Throat (completed)
-Newmania (completed)
-Dave in Ky (completed)
-dezmil (completed)
-JimDandy (completed)
-dmshaver (completed)
-Gorris (completed)
-Odenihy (completed)
-DeathKnell (completed)
-Bog hopper (on deck)
-Clark Finestead

Gus, you sir are a class act..............Just put me down as 1st in line for the Rex Ambassador :a29::a30:

Top Bottom