What's new

The Great Blade Exchange 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi again, Jason.

Can I send you 4 Laser Ultras (2 exchange, 2 donation) for 2 Rapira Platinum Lux whenever you get more in?

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Hi again, Jason.

Can I send you 4 Laser Ultras (2 exchange, 2 donation) for 2 Rapira Platinum Lux whenever you get more in?
sure, sounds good. although I can't tell you when I'll get more in. Just whenever someone wants to exchange some. but they will be yours.

Hi Jason!
I would like to try
- 2 Bolzano
- 4 Personna Red (Israel)
- 2 Voskhod
- 6 Supermax Platinum
- 2 Supermax Super Platinum

in exchange for 8 PolSilver Super Iridium (2 are donation) and 14 Gillette 7 O'Clock - Yellow, (4 are donation).

Thanks very much!
Joe D.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Hi Jason!
I would like to try
- 2 Bolzano
- 4 Personna Red (Israel)
- 2 Voskhod
- 6 Supermax Platinum
- 2 Supermax Super Platinum

in exchange for 8 PolSilver Super Iridium (2 are donation) and 14 Gillette 7 O'Clock - Yellow, (4 are donation).

Thanks very much!
Joe D.
I am sorry but I can not accept an exchange like this.

If you have 3 more brands of blades you can offer and will accept less than 6 Supermax Platinum then it could be doable.

That way you are taking out 5 different blades and putting back in 5 different blades.

My apologies! From my read of the list it looked like you had zero stock of Yellows and Super Iridiums, so I thought I would be replenishing some sought after blades, and putting more into the bank than I took out.
The ones that are less common (Bolzano, Super Platinum, Vokshod) I kept my request to the minimum (2). The Supermax and Personna Red the list seemed to show good supply. Am I looking at an outdated sheet?

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
My apologies! From my read of the list it looked like you had zero stock of Yellows and Super Iridiums, so I thought I would be replenishing some sought after blades, and putting more into the bank than I took out.
The ones that are less common (Bolzano, Super Platinum, Vokshod) I kept my request to the minimum (2). The Supermax and Personna Red the list seemed to show good supply. Am I looking at an outdated sheet?
You are looking at the correct stock list. I have been relaxed with the guidelines in the past and that is the reason for post #502 and am trying to get back on track.

From the first post:
2. Post your selection in this thread only. Your request can be for as many different blades as you wish provided you are sending the same amount of different blades.

you are sending in 2 different blades and are taking out 5. The more folks I let do this the more blades I have one or two different brands and less of all others. Regardless of the amount of blades you send. I am looking at this from a variety stand point.

*for some reason i can't un-bold the text, not my intention to have it all in bold

Hi Jason

I want to try 2 of the Personna Med. I offer the following as a trade and donation:

8 Gillette 7 O'Clock - Green - Super Stainless (Russia)

8 Personna Lab

4 Ladas Super Stainless

4 Rapira Swedish Supersteel

4 Voskhod

Thank you for your work on this project. I know how much time it takes.

2. Post your selection in this thread only. Your request can be for as many different blades as you wish provided you are sending the same amount of different blades.

OK, makes sense. I took the above quote to mean the request should be for equal # of blades, not # of brands of blades. Sorry!
Let me try again: May I try 8 Crystal and 4 Supermax Platinum? In exchange for 8 Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow and 8 PolSilver Super Iridiums, 4 of which are donation.
Thanks for your patience!
regards, Joe

Last edited:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member

OK, makes sense. I took the above quote to mean the request should be for equal # of blades, not # of brands of blades. Sorry!
Let me try again: May I try 8 Crystal and 4 Supermax Platinum? In exchange for 8 Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow and 8 PolSilver Super Iridiums, 4 of which are donation.
Thanks for your patience!
regards, Joe
PM sent

Hello again Jason,

I would like:
2 Perma-Sharp Super
2 Personna Lab
2 Crystal
2 Rapira Stainless
2 Personna Red (Israeli)

I'd like to give:
2 Sputnik Super Platinum
2 Lord Super Stainless (Blue/white)
2 Lord Platinum
2 Kai
2 Merkur Super

I'm doing a blind test of 24 blades whenever I get these. My wife is going to number them and put them in the razor and I'm going to see if I come to any conclusions....
Thanks again for doing this.

Hello!

I'd like to trade:
2 Gillette Goal (stainless)
2 Big Ben (blue text on white paper)
2 Gillette Nacet (stainless)
1 Astra SS (donation..)

for:
2 Gillette Nacet (platinum)
2 Polsilver Super Iridium
2 Personna Lab

Thanks!

I'll send
2 Gillette 7 Green Super Stainless
2 Gillette 7 Green Perma Sharp
5 Super Max Platinum

For
1 Gillette Platinum
3 Iridium Super
2 Perma Sharp Super

Thanks

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I will exchange 2 for 4 on the following blades provided you can send anything below a quantity of 10 on the stock list.

Astra SP
Derby
Crystal
Bluebird
Feather
Gillette 7oc Yellow
Personna Med
Shark Chrome
Shark Stainless
Wilkinson Sword

If you would like to exchange for any of these blades and can send anything below 10qty. on the stock list I'll do a 2-4 exchange.

Let's see how this work out :001_smile

Ok, So i am fairly new and dont have a closet of blades yet, and i am embarking on my straight shaving journy but i still use a DE to clean up as i am still learning. I have found a blade a ireally like but i am not sire if they can be found. If not i would be willing to share a few if someone could point me in the direction of a blade that shaves similar.

$IMG_20130829_181909.jpg

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Ok, So i am fairly new and dont have a closet of blades yet, and i am embarking on my straight shaving journy but i still use a DE to clean up as i am still learning. I have found a blade a ireally like but i am not sire if they can be found. If not i would be willing to share a few if someone could point me in the direction of a blade that shaves similar.

View attachment 363331
Never heard of these. Only time anyone comes here is for an exchange.

You'd have better luck and get more attention starting a thread in the razor blades forum.

Hello again Jason,

Might I be able to trade 5 UK Wilkinson Sword for 2 of the 1942 vintage Blues? 1942 was my day's birth year.

Thanks.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
PM's sent

and I'm going to get in on this action.

putting in 2 Rainbow super stainless

taking out 2 Personna blacks - vintage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom