What's new

The Formula 1 2012 thread

One of the wildest season enders since I've been an F1 fan. I was hoping MS could steal a win to end on a high note but points are better than nothing...

Congrats Vettel. It was an exciting end to an exciting season. Red Bull took it all again for the 3rd time in a row. I'm starting to think there is something to that drink, how else could they dominate for 3 straight years from the get go.

Great season, now I'm off to buy a few hundred cases of red bull.

What a race! I just finished watching it.
I'm telling you, this season was great.
I bought the whole seat but only used the edge.

I can't wait for next year.

proxy.php

Great season! I'm interested to see what happens with the yellow flag controversy, but the fact remains that Vettel was dead last in two of the last three races, and Alonso couldn't pull off the world championship. All you can do at that point is take your hat off to the driver and congratulate him.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Now they're saying that Ferrari may protest Vettel's pass under the "yellow".

No way. Even Bernie couldn't let them pull that off.

Thank goodness that "controversy" has been averted. I know it's a lot of money and prestige, however I think that is less than sporting of Ferrari.

Any guesses as to how many cars will be on the grid in 2013 and who will start out with the best car out of winter development and testing?

Great wrap up show on Speed. I sure hope Sam moves over to NBC to compose his "perspective". He really is quite the poet to me.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I know it's early, but I'm making my predictions for the 2013 season. Feel free to make fun of me next year. I think it will be

Button
Alonso
Vettel
Raikkonen
Hamilton

Why? When the McLarens were sorted out, they were the best cars. We saw races where no one was able to catch them , and we witnessed Hammy chase down and pass Vettel in the penultimate race of the season, when Red Bull had much more to gain. That was no small task. Jensen had to feel at least somewhat slighted by the immense adulation heaped upon Hamilton. Now that he's clearly the number one driver, I expect him to shine. I see Fernando facing similar problems to this year, and pick him to be bridesmaid yet again. He's as scrappy as they come, and was absolutely marvelous this year, but he may find himself outpaced again. The new DRS rules for qualifying may help him, as Ferrari struggled with starting position too often. Vettel may find that his drive and desire may not be enough. He'll surely be competetive, but he needed luck as well as last minute heroics this year, and he may fall short this time around. This will be a good test of his mettle. Kimi, like Fernando, showed a tremendous ability to hang in there and score when things are not going perfectly, and if Lotus improves even slightly, he'll be in the hunt. Hammy? Mercedes will give him a strong engine and he can brake as hard as anyone, but he strikes me as a driver who needs everything to be just right. This a great chance for him to showcase his ability, but I don't expect him to dominate as he did with McLaren.

Just one knucklehead's opinion.

I sort of agree with you, except I think Ferrari is still going to struggle with the car. As awesome as Alonso is, he also had some good breaks early in the year that kept him near the top of the scoreboard.

My wildcard next year is Raikkonen, I think he wins a few races and make it interesting. Lotus has some stuff that will be fully developed next year they never had really working this year.

Kimi with the right car will be lethal. I didn't think that Lotus would emerge as a front of the grid team, however Kimi seems to like it there and has produced great results. I think it may be time for someone other than Vettel to win the championship, but he has talent and a great car/designer.

My prediction for the coming season:

1. Kimi
2. Bottas
3. Kovalainen

I think the country would drown in celebration if that were ever the case.

I was just reading yesterday about the new Ferrari.
McLaren sure has an eye for engineering. Their cars always look fast.

I guess the 2013 season starts soon. Just a month and a bit away.
Looks like we'll need a new thread. :thumbup1:

I was just reading yesterday about the new Ferrari.
McLaren sure has an eye for engineering. Their cars always look fast.

I guess the 2013 season starts soon. Just a month and a bit away.
Looks like we'll need a new thread. :thumbup1:
Yes sir!! Can't wait. Hope this season is half as exciting as last season. Got my tickets to the F1 in Montreal. Can't wait!!

Hope Hamilton can make that silver arrow fly! Hope for Alonso that Ferrari gave him a better car this year. I'll puke if vettel wins again

Top Bottom