What's new

The Formula 1 2012 thread

I think the three best drivers were on the podium in Austin, and I thought Lewis did an amazing job of catching Vettel. Hamilton really did have some bad luck this year.

I was really surprised how easily he was catching Vettel but couldn't pull away after the pass. If it took him 5 laps longer I bet Seb could have gotten past him as I'm sure Lewis' tires were shot.

Lewis really has had some bad luck. Four retirements and one wreck on the final lap this season, two of which he would have handily won. Even if he only averaged 5th in the other three races he would be sitting on top the drivers standings with 270 and Seb would be in second with 263 (by virtue of moving him to 2 in Singapore and 4 in Abu Dhabi). That is not even mentioning getting sent to the back of the field in Barcelona. It seems the McLaren's have had some unfortunate reliability issues/bad luck this season.

I'm voting for a another pole for Vettel in Brazil, but with some punishment that Ecclestone has yet to find out, in order to keep him so many places behind Alonso that this will be a very exciting race. Alonso is hoping for rain. (if Ecclestone does not have his way)

Last edited:
I agree. TV does not do it justice. I was able to go to Indy for the inagural race. Had seats, on the front straight, in front of the pits. The sounds coming out of the garage were unbelievable.

The sound of the cars at 200mph was awesome, and the sound when they down shift blew me away, it's alot louder than the tv would lead you to believe. When I figure out how to get my pictures down to a respectable size I will post a few, even though I had a terrible seat for pictures.

CHris

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Kimi has the best sound bites. I loved his response when asked what he admired:

Those boys from the 1960s and early 70s. Drivers made from steel in cars made of wood.

Classic.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Hamilton
Button
Weber
Vettel
Massa
Maldonado
Hulkenberg
Alonso

Massa stops car on track and begins to remove gearbox. (Added that one myself.)

Have Massa crash into Vettel?

(I kid. I kid.)

Yeah, good idea, but too obvious for Bernie, I'm afraid. I think he has planned something with Schumacher. This is his last race in Formula One ofcourse.

But seriously, is rain expected? I think that is the only chance Alonso has.

McLaren and Red Bull domination!

Wait...are you guys suggesting that politics is a part of Formula 1?

I can't believe it! I'm shocked and horrified. :ohmy:

With the end of the season I don't know what to do with my winter.
I guess I could spend time with my family, but I think they secretly enjoyed not seeing me for 3 hours every other week.

(I'm kidding of course, I know they openly enjoyed it)

McLaren and Red Bull domination!
With the end of the season I don't know what to do with my winter.
I guess I could spend time with my family, but I think they secretly enjoyed not seeing me for 3 hours every other week.

(I'm kidding of course, I know they openly enjoyed it)

Then this Christmas you might be in for a new brush or razor and a 10-DVD-pack of Formula One - accidents and coincidents....

Great final but it is sad it needs to end under sc condictions.

Even though I have never been an Alonso fan and I passionately dislike Ferrari (even though this has lessened during Domenicali's leadership), I did want Alonso to take this championship just for his efforts to stay in thouch throughout the year.

However, I can easily live with Sebs third title. 3 in a row, man, this can not be a good characterbuiling experience for the brat.

What a season, indeed. I had heard at the beginning of the season that Seb had declined all personal endorsements this season to focus on driving. He still had to do the team stuff, but nothing for himself. That says quite a bit to me as that was probably worth quite a few euro.

Top Bottom