What's new

The B&B LE Pipe '12 Discussion Thread

I'm not going to say that I won't be buying any more... but at this point, with 4 Pete's either here or coming, the B&B LE, and the Hardcastle that is surprisingly a decent smoker, I bought the 6-space rack to have a place to keep them organized. I'd been keeping them in my glove box since I only smoke on the way home from work.

So at this point, I have enough for a week's rotation, and the rack is full.
It would be hard to justify to SWMBO a 12-position rack and more pipes since she knows that 48 hours rest is enough between smokes, and she knows that I don't smoke every day.

Gotta be more creative, Rich. You need English pipes, VA pipes, aro pipes... :whistling:
Really been eyeballing some Calabash gourds on the 'bay... as well as some carved meers.

But like a tattoo... can't decide on a carved meer that I really like vs settling for what's available "off the wall"

I'm so loaded up with PAD waiting for this that I've purchased TWO new Petes in the last 14 days.
Took delivery of an Aran Calabash a couple of days ago, first break-in bowls Wednesday and today.
Just ordered a Killarney Red that's been on my eBay watchlist for-freaking-ever and finally decided to pull the trigger on it since I need one more to fill my 6-space rack anyways.
Word to the wise, don't buy a bigger rack. :laugh:

Word to the wise, don't buy a bigger rack. :laugh:

Ain't that the truth. Just like "nature abhors a vacuum", PAD abhors an empty spot in the rack.

I got a 6-spot when I got my third pipe, then got an 18-slot when I got to seven. Now they're both full (still have one hole for a certain pipe you might have heard about). Yikes.

(It's James. It's all James.)

Man, my wallet is so glad I was absent when all this went down!

I actually exercised a very small amount of self-control and didn't buy a sexy high-end Italian I'd been ogling for days. (Not because I'm cured of PAD or anything, I just couldn't stomach blowing three months' tobacco budget.)

I've been watching a rather nice rusticated italian on T' Bay myself. Nothing high end mind, but it's still a month's tobacco funds once mailed. Maybe it would make more sense if bought two - that would spread the freight cost out...

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Man, my wallet is so glad I was absent when all this went down!

I've been watching a rather nice rusticated italian on T' Bay myself. Nothing high end mind, but it's still a month's tobacco funds once mailed. Maybe it would make more sense if bought two - that would spread the freight cost out...
When in doubt, buy two.

Montana seams so far away.
Haha, gotta be here by this weekend though, huh? Anyone up for holding out until they're all delivered and christening 'em the same day?

(Err...not sure I'm advocating that myself just yet. The temptation may prove too great.:blush:)

Top Bottom