What's new

The B&B LE Pipe '12 Discussion Thread

I realize that the pipes are still in the works, but it's never too early to start yakking about them. :w00t:

So, what will be your first tobacco you light up? I'm thinking for me it will either be C&D Founding Fathers (it is from the American Smoking Pipe Co, after all) or a blend from my local shop called Kipling's Tail.

Have no clue. Working on getting a couple corn cobs and a few tobacco selections so I will know what to do when my LE arrives. My first venture into pipe world ;~)

Have no clue. Working on getting a couple corn cobs and a few tobacco selections so I will know what to do when my LE arrives. My first venture into pipe world ;~)

Well, congratulations on that! There are tons of good tobaccos out there. I'm sure you'll find a few that you like before the Tinsky shows up.

Good question, I just acquired some 4yr old FVF, I'm thinking about that. Though I usually break in my pipes with Carter Hall for the first four or five smokes. I'm sure I'll change my mind several times before it gets here. Orlick Golden Sliced is a nice flake that doesn't leave much behind, that's a candidate too.

From the measurements I took off the AP and the taper to the tobacco chamber it will make a fine VA pipe, and a very good flake pipe. I'm thinking a matured Va flake perhaps Marlin Flake.

After a few bowls of plain jane burley to get the sawdust out, I have some small amount of Haddo's Delight
left, this may be a good use for it.

I'll be receiving my tax return around the same time as the pipe, so I think I'll purchase a few tins. I've been considering Frog Morton and 1792 lately.

went to the olddest tobacconists around the other day, we were all having a BS about pipes and I told them about this one and showed the pics of the AP, after they stopped drooling they said how nice it was.. i think they were jealous ;)

I am thinking about going with Solani 656 Aged Burley Flake for the first few smokes with this pipe. That said, I will probably not decide until a little further down the road. I need to try a few different things, first.

Now don't expect all the pipes to ship out on the first. By my calender they should be shipping out between the first and second week in April. I have been in regular contact with Mark and things are going well.

Top Bottom