What's new

Taconic Bay Rum

Just ordered some of this from a Walmart 3rd party seller. Saw Bay Rum and free shipping and couldnt resist. Anyone have experiance with this cream?

Hopefully the cream will perform better. I will post my results with the cream. I too like bay rum.

I have Taconic Bay Rum. I like it. Number five of five in my “collection”. TOBS Jermyn St., AdP, Castle Forbes 1485, Cella Bio and this one. Tried many, many.
It has a light scent, it doesn’t last long. Passes the Mrs’ test (very stringent, little passes, Pre de Provence doesn’t).
It is a Croap. I load my brush and lather on my face. Similar to Cella Bio.
I get a good close shave with little irritation.
I am trying to think what would raise its level. Maybe a little more short term scent.
I will rebuy.

I tried Taconic Bay Rum for about 10 shaves and just threw the remainder in the garbage this morning. It's definitely a croap, which is no big deal. I wasn't a fan of the scent, but that's ok as well because that's personal taste.

The reason I tossed it out was because I found the performance to be lousy. There was absolutely zero residual slickness after taking a pass with the razor, where a second quick touch up on that area was bone dry. If it works for others, that's great. However, I wouldn't recommend it.

Top Bottom