Personna Medical Prep Blade
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Duke Cannon ASB
Fragrance
Beverly Hills Polo Club.
Rating
10/10
Comments
This is the third shave in a fourth with my Mergess XL slant razor and a Personna Medical Prep blade. The MdC jar of soap is on its 281st shave and some holes have appeared in the bottom of the soap. I had to push some of the soap on the side to the bottom to load the brush. Today’s brush is a boar brush: the B&B Essential, Sue Version. There are not that many shaves left in this soap. A perfect BBS shave. Have a great day and weekend, folks.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Saturday, November 11th 2023 🇨🇦 Remembrance day for the fallen!

Razor : Yaqi Chrome Mercury razor with a RR UFO handle- Mfg 2022>, mild to tame mid range. Simple head design that is accurately manufactured when shaving both sides of head when turned 180 degrees(feels accurate). Chrome Finish is outstanding for a Zamak chromed head IMO. Had a stellar close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : Gillette 7 oClock SP, sharp and smoooth with reasonable longevity. Top tier blade of my top 6 favorites.
Soap : Razorock XXX, nice unique clean scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Mysterious space" 24mm 3band silvertip badger. Excellent lather generator, luxury heavenly pillow soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + great lather painter. One of my better 3band silvertip brush I have concluded.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock XXX splash with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :Dial 10 stellar.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a stellar close comfortable shave this morning with my Yaqi Chrome Mercury razor with a Black 7oClock SP.
SOTD November 11 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

20231110_083522.jpg

Razor: Gillette 1949 Milord
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless
Brush: Craving Shaving Neptune's Fortune, G5A knot
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Noble Otter Logbook
Aftershave: Old Spice Classic
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Nivea Post Shave Balm
3o6fJ1GCceVkg1yOvS.gif

Last edited:
5/8 Paul Drees Sistrum
11/16 Boker Unrivalled
7/8 Unknown Solingen Best Silver Steel
1948 Super Speed with Gillette Green 7 O'clock blade
Omega Boar Brush
Sterling Coniferous Soap
Bootleggers El Dorado Aftershave
Notes:
here.

My first Straight razor shave today. I followed the advice on the WIKI page here to just shave the cheeks with the SR and everything else with the DE razor. As I have three SR now, I did three WTG passes on the cheeks with the SR razors, the Super Speed took care of everything else. A very cautious first pass was followed by some more confident passes. In the end all was well, no cuts, weepers, or irritations. Both ears are in place as well. A winner in my book. Today is 11/11 and the time I ended the shave was 11:11. I am not one to read signs into much of what I see and do, I do find this interesting and somewhat cool. It's going to be a good run.

IMG_1701.jpeg

SOTD NOVEMBER 11th
NOCvember 2023
SV Saturday
Semogue Saturdays

Hello friends

A sultry Saturday afternoon here. Perfect for dreaming about the sea: SV 70th Anniversary, Aqua Velva Ice Blue, Gillette Silver Blue (2), Semogue SOC Mistura and Greencult 2.0 plate IV. What more could I want?

With us my old friend Dexter.

Rating: 10

Have a nice weekend and great shaves.
❤️🪒

CFAFE41D-5889-4579-B187-CC144E902470.jpeg
IMG_3059.jpeg

Last edited:

Sunday SOTD
20231110_113755.jpg

Razor: BRW replated Gillette SC
Blade: Super Iridium (D7)
Brush: Rubberset 49-4 W 28mm HMB
Bowl: The Distinctive Goat Style 4 5½” Cypress Sinker Log
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Iced Cube 2.0
Pre-Shave Balm: Vitos
Shave Soap: Vito’s Extra Super
Balm: RR R-160
Aftershave: Floid Amber (Italian)

SOTD-WR2OW-W_2023-11-11.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Simpson Wee Scot 13/39
Soap: Clubman
Razor: Wolfman WR2-SB 1.25 on custom olive wood handle
Blade: Baili Platinum+ (3)
ASL: Caffè Latte [home brew]

An excellent shave. :biggrin:

Well, the Wolfman did a great job… but by the smallest fraction, it was beaten by the Baili BT131. This leaves my Flat Bottom Tech in the Number One position on my SB Podium, followed by my Baili BT131, then my Wolfman WR2. All three are great razors and the shaving difference between them is very small (of course they all have their own little idiosyncrasies :laugh:).

Cal's SB Podium update:
1. 1940s Gillette Flat Bottom Tech
2. Baili BT131
3. Wolfman WR2-SB 1.25

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom