What's new

SOTD Tabula Gratulatoria - August 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent excellent posts today. There are all so vibrant!

Thanks Balj.

* Keith, wow, who needs a better camera with pictures like yours!

Dross indeed! :hand: Keith, you wouldn't know how to produce dross if your life depended on it! This is fabulous!

Thanks gents. This picture shows why I like editing.

To be honest it's an old picture that I've tried to recreate the feel of in other pictures and haven't got close to doing yet (I've scrapped a fair number of pictures trying to do it). It was a bit of a fluke with the editing the day that I did it.

Thanks gents. This picture shows why I like editing.

To be honest it's an old picture that I've tried to recreate the feel of in other pictures and haven't got close to doing yet (I've scrapped a fair number of pictures trying to do it). It was a bit of a fluke with the editing the day that I did it.

Don't kid yourself, no amount of editing will save a complete waste of a picture. Your photographs are outstanding, can add to it, but when they start out this good, they are bound to be a hit!

Don't kid yourself, no amount of editing will save a complete waste of a picture. Your photographs are outstanding, can add to it, but when they start out this good, they are bound to be a hit!

+1 Keith, i have to agree with Bill as you have a "great eye" for pictures, my friend.

* Bill, thank you for the kind words and good luck in court, my friend. You must be the best-shavede lawyer in the court-room. Hee hee.

A pleasure as always. Of course, with MWF and the Toyo, there's no question that the shave was wonderful! :001_wub:

Thanks, Bill. MWF never fails me these days, and the Toyo just adds to the overall pleasure. Great combo and the Fougere Royale just puts the finishing touches to it.

Akatombow | MdC | Thäter | Lucido | Rancé Le Vainqueur
proxy.php

What a wonderful shave! I had not used the MdC lately, and this shave made me question that decision. The lather was absolutely wonderful with the clean, refreshing scent that it carries, I was soon in a zen place for the duration of the shave. The Akatombow is truly a wonderful razor and the elk bone scales she sits in have some beautiful figuring. It is truly a joy to shave with. After two passes, plus clean up, I'm ready to head to court feeling fresh, smooth, and unstoppable!

And the verdict was????:biggrin1: MdC is not a soap I use very much either, Bill, but that, I believe, adds all the more to the enjoyment.:thumbup:

Friday

With Ella Fitzgerald in the background:

Hot towel preparation with Proraso Pre-shave Cream ¤ Bukhave Scuttle ¤ Semogue Owners Club 2-band ¤ Gillette Slim Adjustable (L3) with Feather
Nanny's Lemony Lime w/ Goat milk ¤ Towel soaked in ice water ¤ Myrsol Agua De Limón ¤ Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet EDT

I am allowed to pamper myself all day, and I intent to.
It started out rather well with a magnificent home made hot towel shave - resulting in a smooth BBS :biggrin1:

And how lucky am I? After the shave the barber offered a glass of Niepoort 2005 Late Bottled Vintage :wink:

Have a really nice weekend, Gentlemen :001_smile

proxy.php

Many Happy Returns, Soren, and another fabulous pic for today.:happybday::a50:

* Keith, wow, who needs a better camera with pictures like yours!

* Soren, great birthday pic! Enjoy the day, sir!

* Matt, gorgeous colours as usual!

* Bill, your imagination and artistic skills are just waiting to burst through!

* Jamie, holy cow, that is beautiful! No colours, today?

* David, wonderful! You are getting ready for next week, aren't you? Hee hee.

* IsaacRN, beautiful blade, sir!

* Ryan, beautiful handle on that brush! Nice!

* J.B., lovely picture and great close-up!

Thank you, Celestino.

with a cast of characters like that, pampering is definitely the way to describe it! Great shave, søren!

Ps - is today your birthday? If so, happy birthday!

Thank you.
Yes, it was my birthday, and now it's official - I'm closer to 50 than 40 :blink: :biggrin1:

excellent excellent posts today. There are all so vibrant!

Thank you - right back at you :001_smile

* keith, wow, who needs a better camera with pictures like yours!

* soren, great birthday pic! Enjoy the day, sir!

* matt, gorgeous colours as usual!

* bill, your imagination and artistic skills are just waiting to burst through!

* jamie, holy cow, that is beautiful! No colours, today?

* david, wonderful! You are getting ready for next week, aren't you? Hee hee.

* isaacrn, beautiful blade, sir!

* ryan, beautiful handle on that brush! Nice!

* j.b., lovely picture and great close-up!

Thank you.

many happy returns, soren, and another fabulous pic for today.:happybday::a50:

Thank you.

happy birthday soren! Enjoy that port!

Thank you - and I did enjoy it (more than once. But just to be sure I actually did enjoy it, of course :wink:)

Saturday

Yesterday's shave was so nice that it can easily do with an encore :001_smile

So again with Ella in the background:

Hot towel and D.R. Harris Arlington Pre-shave ¤ Proshave Scuttle ¤ Semogue 2010 LE ¤ 7/8" Wacker Jugendstil
D.R. Harris Arlington Shaving Soap ¤ Towel soaked in ice water ¤ D.R. Harris Arlington Aftershave Milk ¤ D.R. Harris Arlington Cologne

Have a nice Saturday, Gentlemen
:001_smile

proxy.php

A gorgeous shot!
how do you like that aftershave milk?

* Luis, you are back. Beautiful, hermosa! Wow, you photos are so lovely!

* Alexander, wonderful picture!

* Soren, amazing! It seems like you did not drink so much; no hangover? Hee hee.

* Keith, great colour and picture, again!

Akatombow | MdC | Thäter | Lucido | Rancé Le Vainqueur
proxy.php

What a wonderful shave! I had not used the MdC lately, and this shave made me question that decision. The lather was absolutely wonderful with the clean, refreshing scent that it carries, I was soon in a zen place for the duration of the shave. The Akatombow is truly a wonderful razor and the elk bone scales she sits in have some beautiful figuring. It is truly a joy to shave with. After two passes, plus clean up, I'm ready to head to court feeling fresh, smooth, and unstoppable!

Its Friday!
~08/31/2012~

KimSon VU Silvertip
\\ Muhle R89 w/ Red IP \\ 3P Pre Per E Post Barba \\Calani Highland Honey SS \\ Proraso Crema Liquida Dopobarba

What's better than a thick stable meringue type of lather ending up with BBS Results? The Weekend ?!?!? Any who today's shave was awesome. Have a great day/weekend Friends!

proxy.php

Saturday

Yesterday's shave was so nice that it can easily do with an encore :001_smile

So again with Ella in the background:

Hot towel and D.R. Harris Arlington Pre-shave ¤ Proshave Scuttle ¤ Semogue 2010 LE ¤ 7/8" Wacker Jugendstil
D.R. Harris Arlington Shaving Soap ¤ Towel soaked in ice water ¤ D.R. Harris Arlington Aftershave Milk ¤ D.R. Harris Arlington Cologne

Have a nice Saturday, Gentlemen
:001_smile

proxy.php

Saturday morning.

*Warm water
*Frank Shaving 24mm Two Band Finest Badger Bulb
*Calani Dubai SS - face lathering
*Jaguar Orca - JT1.JT3 Orca (5) - W+ATG / Chin W+X+ATG / Moustache W+XTG
*Warm water
*Cold water
*Allume di Rocca Naturale as pre AS (1 min.)
*Cold water
*Pashana Original AS

proxy.php

Have a nice day gentlemen, wherever you are and whatever you do.
Alexander
attachment.php

proxy.php

Thiers Isard Okawing G N.379 // Speik in Bowl Custom by Alfredo // Custom Chubby 2band olive wood // Floïd Vigoroso

1 SEPTEMBER 2012

* EJDE89 with one shim
* Polisilvers
* Frank Shaving Synthetic 21mm
* Mike's Natural Soaps Bay Rum
* Alum
* Thayers
* Unrefined Shea Butter
Have a great Saturday, gents!

View attachment 269289

Gentlemen, I'm impressed!
Beautiful pics! :thumbup: