SOTD Tabula Gratulatoria - August 2012

Discussion in 'Shave of the Day!' started by Optometrist, Aug 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The wonderfully scented Floris JF Soap:001_wub: Unfortunately, I found this intermittently irritating my skin. Some days it would be fine, others it would leave me with a blotchy complexion. Anyhow, another SUPERB pic from you today, Andi! You really are providing some excellent pics for us to see!:thumbup:

2. Thank you very much, David! :001_smile
    Luckily the Floris JF Soap makes me no problems.
    My favorite Floris Soap is the No.89. Everything fits perfectly :001_wub:

3. What an amazing pic, with some very interesting items on show!:thumbup:

4. Me too. It was my introduction to the Floris brand and still the one I prefer. The AS and EdT are a nice finish.

5. Stunning close-up, J.B.:thumbup:

6. Superb quality products all the way, Mark. I can't imagine this shave being anything other than sublime!:001_wub:

7. Thanks, David! I've just upgraded my old camera to a more advanced Olympus XZ-1. I'm in the process of learning how to work all it's features properly. Has a SuperMacro mode which should let me get in REALLY close :wink2:

8. An outstanding representation of what sounds to be a wonderful shave! Tell me, my friend, how did you find Mike's?

9. Great picture, David. How'd you like you the Mike's?

10. Another great SOTD, Balji! Congratulations on the new brush. It sounds like you've got a tough decision for tomorrow - which great performing soap do you choose??

11. Thank you so much my friend! Missing your pic but I guess its better for your skin to heal than get butchered. Yes tomorrow will be tough but I'm slowly falling towards MWF after making acronyms. MWF (Mitchell's Wool Fat or Monday, Wednesday Friday) & MNS's (Mikes Naturals Soaps or Monday's Not Saturday) Lol! What do you think?

12. It's a creative approach, and I can't fault either result! To me, the performance is very similar (both exceptional), it's all about whether you want a clean soapy smell or a more indulgent scent...

13. Marco

Marco Steward Contributor

What a marvellous pic and composition! You never stop to amaze me, Balaji! :thumbup:

14. Thank you very much my friend! Thanks to the internet and the free tools offered I was only able to come up with this composition. Also somehow somewhere I knew you would comment since MdC is your absolute favorite Veggie SS! BTW, what did you use today?

15. Very pretty David and nice close up! What do you think of MNS, was my explanation correct for this SS?

16. Marco

Marco Steward Contributor

After a long time I used MWF lathered up with my Semogue SOC. Face lather as always, two clean passes with my Merkur HD, Alum Block, cold water rinse and a splash of Mennen Skin Bracer. All very good!

17. Thanks, guys. It's best to answer all in one. I am very impressed with the performance of this soap. Easy lather, excellent shave, and wonderfully soft skin afterwards. I have the Lime scented soap also and I definitely prefer the scent of that. Last year I tried the Ogallala Bay Rum and Sweet Orange soap, and found it very sickly for my taste. Although to a lesser degree, I don't find this Mike's soap too dissimilar. That is purely my taste, of course, and doesn't take anything away from what is a superbly performing product. I have now tried four Artisan brands and I put my order of preference as firstly JabonMan, followed very closely by Mike's, then RazoRock, and someway behind them, the Mystic Water soaps.

18. I'm happy to hear you liked the MNS. I was a bit worried that my recommendation would go badly for you and you'd never trust my judgment again!

19. Bill, if it had gone badly again, I'd have been on a plane over to see you quick as a flash!!!!:wink2::biggrin1::lol::lol::lol:

20. I pretty much agree with your assessment of those artisan soap makers. I've never tried Mystic Waters, but JabonMan and Mike's are at the top of the small soap producers that I have tried. For me, I'm not sure which I like more. I'm wondering if you've ever used Nanny's Silly Soap and where it fits in -- there's been lots written about how good those soaps are, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.