What's new

SOTD Tabula Gratulatoria - August 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
proxy.php

Wacker | Bomb - Rose/Sandalwood | Thäter | Lucido | Shalimar PdT​

What a close-up, Bill!:thumbup: And a rare cream day for you too.

Thursday

Proshave Scuttle ¤ Restored Rubberset 2-band Finest ¤ 6/8" Raccoon
Sir Irisch Moos Shaving Soap ¤ Floïd Suave After Shave ¤ Ferrari Passion EDT

Have a nice day, Gentlemen :001_smile

proxy.php

It's great to see the straights back in action, Soren. Better get that Boss ready though for the weekend!:wink2:

Thursday evening shave scheduled for about an hour from now....maiden voyage for new Rudy Vey brush and second shave with my Tradere SB model

proxy.php

Ryan, beautiful new brush, and an outstanding way to capture it!

Semogue #1250 | L'Occitane Cade | Gillette Super Speed (40s) | Feather New Hi-Stainless |
| Thayers Lavender Witch Hazel | Speick Men AS |

proxy.php

Very elegantly done B&W, J.B.

6/8 Tim Zowada B&B LE Damascus Straight/ La Grise Coticule/ I Coloniali Mango Soap/ Spanish Floid Aftershave

proxy.php

Very well done, Isaac! I like the way you captured the detail in the Zowada.

13/16 Toyo "Special Razor", Full Hollow Ground, Square Point
Kanayama No.3 Strop
Semogue TSN 2012 LE #37
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Cold Water Rinse
Old Proraso Splash
Houbigant Fougere Royale

proxy.php

A pleasure as always. Of course, with MWF and the Toyo, there's no question that the shave was wonderful! :001_wub:
Prep L'Occitane Vetyver Soap
Razor Wade & Butcher Special
Brush Simpsons M7 LE Finest Silvertip
GFT Coconut Shaving Cream
Alum & Witch Hazel
Niel's Yard Rose Moisturiser
Creed Neroli Savage EDT

The Wade & Butcher melted my whiskers away a superb shave.

proxy.php

Jamie, a little curve ball for us going to the B&W, but it works wonderfully. Excellent choice today!

Friday:

Simpson Berkeley Best
Cella
Gillette Goodwill 162
Timor (39)
Weleda ASB
Givenchy Gentleman ***

Wonderful shave, Harvey!

Friday

With Ella Fitzgerald in the background:

Hot towel preparation with Proraso Pre-shave Cream ¤ Bukhave Scuttle ¤ Semogue Owners Club 2-band ¤ Gillette Slim Adjustable (L3) with Feather
Nanny's Lemony Lime w/ Goat milk ¤ Towel soaked in ice water ¤ Myrsol Agua De Limón ¤ Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet EDT

I am allowed to pamper myself all day, and I intent to.
It started out rather well with a magnificent home made hot towel shave - resulting in a smooth BBS :biggrin1:

And how lucky am I? After the shave the barber offered a glass of Niepoort 2005 Late Bottled Vintage :wink:

Have a really nice weekend, Gentlemen :001_smile

proxy.php

With a cast of characters like that, pampering is definitely the way to describe it! Great shave, Søren!

PS - Is today your birthday? If so, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Excellent excellent posts today. There are all so vibrant!

QUOTE=Cochese2323;4417120]Thursday evening shave scheduled for about an hour from now....maiden voyage for new Rudy Vey brush and second shave with my Tradere SB model

proxy.php
[/QUOTE]

FSOTN(Failed Shave Of The Night)

View attachment 268961
The first picture is what I was supposed to use:

Hamburg Ring 6/8
Semogue SOC
Bald Frog "Chocolate expresso" soap
Dirty English ASB

I soaked the soap sample and my brush in the mug while I washed my face with some L'Oreal face wash. I put some Vitos pre-shave on my face and lathered up the soap. I got what looked to me like good lather in my bowl and got it on my face. I picked up my new "shave ready" straight and started shaving. Ouch! Something were off. I did my chin with a lot of tugging and very little shaving. I tried adding more water to the lather since dry lather can make a straight feel dull. It didn't help much.

I thought it must have been the soap since it was the first time I have tried it so I rinsed my bowl and brush and started from scratch with some Vergylde Hand since that always works great for me. Put some more hot water on my face and lathered up again. Things weren't any better. The straight wasn't sharp! I'm a newbie honer, but I do a better job than that!

I gave up and was looking for something else in my bathroom to shave with. I don't keep much stash there, but my Slim was there. No blades though :( Now I was so fed up I couldn't be bothered to go up the stairs so I picked up a Boots 3 blade cartridge razor I picked up a while ago to shave my head and just went with it. Ended up with a very close shave, but my skin isn't very happy.

So the other picture is what I actually ended up shaving with....

Semogue #1250 | L'Occitane Cade | Gillette Super Speed (40s) | Feather New Hi-Stainless |
| Thayers Lavender Witch Hazel | Speick Men AS |

proxy.php

6/8 Tim Zowada B&B LE Damascus Straight/ La Grise Coticule/ I Coloniali Mango Soap/ Spanish Floid Aftershave

proxy.php

13/16 Toyo "Special Razor", Full Hollow Ground, Square Point
Kanayama No.3 Strop
Semogue TSN 2012 LE #37
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Cold Water Rinse
Old Proraso Splash
Houbigant Fougere Royale

proxy.php

Prep L'Occitane Vetyver Soap
Razor Wade & Butcher Special
Brush Simpsons M7 LE Finest Silvertip
GFT Coconut Shaving Cream
Alum & Witch Hazel
Niel's Yard Rose Moisturiser
Creed Neroli Savage EDT

The Wade & Butcher melted my whiskers away a superb shave.

proxy.php

Akatombow | MdC | Thäter | Lucido | Rancé Le Vainqueur
proxy.php

What a wonderful shave! I had not used the MdC lately, and this shave made me question that decision. The lather was absolutely wonderful with the clean, refreshing scent that it carries, I was soon in a zen place for the duration of the shave. The Akatombow is truly a wonderful razor and the elk bone scales she sits in have some beautiful figuring. It is truly a joy to shave with. After two passes, plus clean up, I'm ready to head to court feeling fresh, smooth, and unstoppable!

proxy.php

Provence Santé Green Tea - Vie-Long Silvertip LE - Mergress - Med Prep - Myrsol Agua Balsamica AS - Azzaro pour Homme edt

Friday

With Ella Fitzgerald in the background:

Hot towel preparation with Proraso Pre-shave Cream ¤ Bukhave Scuttle ¤ Semogue Owners Club 2-band ¤ Gillette Slim Adjustable (L3) with Feather
Nanny's Lemony Lime w/ Goat milk ¤ Towel soaked in ice water ¤ Myrsol Agua De Limón ¤ Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet EDT

I am allowed to pamper myself all day, and I intent to.
It started out rather well with a magnificent home made hot towel shave - resulting in a smooth BBS :biggrin1:

And how lucky am I? After the shave the barber offered a glass of Niepoort 2005 Late Bottled Vintage :wink:

Have a really nice weekend, Gentlemen :001_smile

proxy.php

31 AUGUST 2012

* Gillette Single Ring with one shim
* Polisilvers
* Frank Shaving Synthetic 24mm
* Mike's Natural Soaps Bay Rum
* Alum
* Thayers
* Unrefined Shea Butter

View attachment 269069

* Keith, wow, who needs a better camera with pictures like yours!

* Soren, great birthday pic! Enjoy the day, sir!

* Matt, gorgeous colours as usual!

* Bill, your imagination and artistic skills are just waiting to burst through!

* Jamie, holy cow, that is beautiful! No colours, today?

* David, wonderful! You are getting ready for next week, aren't you? Hee hee.

* IsaacRN, beautiful blade, sir!

* Ryan, beautiful handle on that brush! Nice!

* J.B., lovely picture and great close-up!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom