What's new

SOTD Monday March 22 to Sunday March 28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mitchell's woot fat // Merkur HD/Personna Israelí // Simpson Duke 3 // Thayers // Locion Capilar Floid

proxy.php

Wow. I really need a better camera (and eye).

Sunday

Merkur 23c
Feather
Palmolive soap (aka a stick grated into a bowl)
Kent BK4
Alum Block
L'Oreal Men Expert 24hr Hydrating AS Balm

Great pics, gentlemen1!! :thumbup1:

Fougère;1970070 said:
Sooo Jon...how was Fougere Royale SS & AS? I am very envious, you lucky son of a gun :drool: :thumbup: I've been wondering when you'd get around to actually using it.

+1, Great shot Jon!

thanks, guys!

The Fougere Royale is wonderful old soap - right there with Yardleys and some of the other vintage ss I've been fortunate enough to try. The added bonus here is that the soap was unopened when I got it and retains some of its scent. It's a fougere, so it isn't too far from Pen's English Fern - a little earthier but still light (much lighter than the EF soap). Tallowy goodness - I face lathered and the lather was bountiful, cushiony, slick. I look forward to my next shave with it - it's likely a little more hydrated, etc.

The AS is especially concentrated - the level in the bottle is where it is due to evaporation, I believe... the instructions on the bottle suggest applying to a wet face and to enjoy the "tingling." I can only imagine the substantial tingling has been magnified with the concentration. SO's son (who is developing quite an accurate nose) smells some lilac in it - I don't know about that, but it sure is green. Wonderful stuff, especially followed by Pen's EF edT.

I was waiting for an occasion to use this - today's my first official day of retirement - I'm off the payroll B.o.B. this morning - a day to celebrate!

thanks, guys!

The Fougere Royale is wonderful old soap - right there with Yardleys and some of the other vintage ss I've been fortunate enough to try. The added bonus here is that the soap was unopened when I got it and retains some of its scent. It's a fougere, so it isn't too far from Pen's English Fern - a little earthier but still light (much lighter than the EF soap). Tallowy goodness - I face lathered and the lather was bountiful, cushiony, slick. I look forward to my next shave with it - it's likely a little more hydrated, etc.

The AS is especially concentrated - the level in the bottle is where it is due to evaporation, I believe... the instructions on the bottle suggest applying to a wet face and to enjoy the "tingling." I can only imagine the substantial tingling has been magnified with the concentration. SO's son (who is developing quite an accurate nose) smells some lilac in it - I don't know about that, but it sure is green. Wonderful stuff, especially followed by Pen's EF edT.

I was waiting for an occasion to use this - today's my first official day of retirement - I'm off the payroll B.o.B. this morning - a day to celebrate!

Congratulations, Jon!

Blade: 6/8 Dovo Special
Strop: SRD 3" Latigo (30/30/15)
Soap: Mama Bear's Ye Olde Barbershoppe
Brush: Vulfix 2234 Super Badger
Aftershave: Alum Block / 444 + Clubman Special Reserve
Cologne: Old Spice EdC
Music: Weather Report - Heavy Weather

proxy.php

Cool pic, Mark, as usual! :thumbup1:

SOTD Sunday March 28, 2010

Razor: '62 Gillette Slim Adjustable
Blade: Dorco
Soap: Classic Shaving Lilac
Mug: Vintage Old Spice
Brush: Medium Badger
ASB: Nivea Replenishing
Aftershave: Pinaud Lilac Vegetal

BBS and comfortable shave today! :thumbup1:

Last edited:
Sunday

GFT Limes SC
Rooney 3/1 Super
Merkur Progress/Derby
Alum Block
Ogallala Bay Rum Limes & Peppercorn A/S
Ogallala Bay Rum Cologne

*Note to self....... get the camera out and practice shooting shave gear*

A fantastic assortment of shave set-ups and photos as well, Gentlemen!

Sunday morning (relaxed and later than normal seeing as we advanced our clocks for Summer Time early this morning)

T+H Rooney Brush
Merkur 11C + Derby
T+H Lime Cream
C+E WI Limes Cologne

proxy.php

Sunday March 28, 2010

Brush: KBBSBB
Blade: Red IP (4)
Razor: 69 super adj. 9/6

Soap: Green Mountain
Splash: TSD Polynesian Red
Milk: TSD Blueberry