What's new

SOTD May 16th, 2011 through May 22nd, 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parker Silvertip (my only brush at the moment)
TOBS Avocado
Feather AS
Feather Blade (1st time with a feather blade!)
TOBS Herbal Post

Very Nice, I enjoyed the shave very much.

Party on Garth...

Post Apocalyptic Shave
proxy.php

Pre-Shave: Hot shower
Brush: 22mm New Forest Silvertip Badger
Razor: 15/16" E. Klopp "Spezial", Full Hollow, Square Point
Honing: Naniwa 1k, La Petite Blanche Coticule (dilucot), Shapton 5k/12k.
Strop: 5/5 laps (Torolf linen / SRD Premium IV leather)
Überlather: Jack Black "Triple Supreme" Shave Creme + QED "Special 218" Shave Soap + Gycerin
Toner: Thayer's Witch Hazel (Rose Petal, no alcohol)
Moisturizer: D.R. Harris Aftershave Milk
After Shave Splash: D.R. Harris "Pink" AS
Cologne: James Bronnley EdT
Results: Looks like we made it guys
proxy.php
. Yesterday being the end of the world and all, I mean. To celebrate the occasion, I have went with a "Spezial" shave. I recently lucked out on this Klopp razor on eBay. I don't know anything about the maker/manufacturer and there doesn't seem to be much out there. But, whoever they were, they made one heck of a fabulous shaver
proxy.php
. This one is literally in a league of her own. Truly extraordinary. She's ~2 times heavier than an equivalent size razor. More pictures of her HERE. I honed her up properly last night using the regimen I outlined above. In return, she rewarded me with a shave that belongs in the history books. I cannot explain it, but I felt absolutely nothing as the blade was drawing across my face
proxy.php
. At first I thought my honing failed miserably, but then I noticed that I was not imagining what I was seeing (or rather not feeling): The dark whiskers were giving way to fresh skin in the wake of the blade's wicked edge. I was almost BBS with the first pass (WTG and a XTG touch up pass)
proxy.php
...this, my friends, has never happened to me before. I can confidently admit that it is a first. I usually require a minimum of 3 passes to get BBS.
proxy.php
. Of course, the überlather was as amazing as the shave itself
proxy.php
. I am ready for our family get together and my niece and nephews piano recital later this afternoon.

proxy.php

Have an EXTRAORDINARY Sunday gentlemen
proxy.php

SUNDAY "MISMATCHED" SHAVE

Pre-Shave: Wash with Honey Bee Spa Aged Spice Soap; Hot soak
Shave Oil: Blend of baby oil with menthol & Tea Tree oil
Shave Soap: TOBS Mr. Taylor's Cream lathered in warm glass bowl
Brush: Tweezerman
Razor: Edwin Jagger-DE89L
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum (6)
After Shave: Alum Block followed by Pinaud Clubman

Good Sunday Shave - 3 passes. 6th shave from the EJ89L + Astra SP combination - time to change blades - today was OK - but more work... Now I know how far to go. :w00t:

"A man's understanding of himself is often hindered by what he thinks he wants others to see."

Noxema Cleansing Cream as a Pre
Omega 48 Boar Brush
MWF SS
Merkur 15c w/Shark Stainless Blade
Proraso
Nivea Revitalizing Double Action Balm
Floris 127

Post Apocalyptic Shave
proxy.php

Überlather: Jack Black "Triple Supreme" Shave Creme + QED "Special 218" Shave Soap + Gycerin
proxy.php
. Yesterday being the end of the world and all, I mean. To celebrate the occasion, I have went with a "Spezial" shave. I recently lucked out on this Klopp razor on eBay. I don't know anything about the maker/manufacturer and there doesn't seem to be much out there. But, whoever they were, they made one heck of a fabulous shaver
proxy.php
. This one is literally in a league of her own. Truly extraordinary. She's ~2 times heavier than an equivalent size razor. More pictures of her HERE. I honed her up properly last night using the regimen I outlined above. In return, she rewarded me with a shave that belongs in the history books. I cannot explain it, but I felt absolutely nothing as the blade was drawing across my face
proxy.php
. At first I thought my honing failed miserably, but then I noticed that I was not imagining what I was seeing (or rather not feeling): The dark whiskers were giving way to fresh skin in the wake of the blade's wicked edge. I was almost BBS with the first pass (WTG and a XTG touch up pass)
proxy.php
...this, my friends, has never happened to me before. I can confidently admit that it is a first. I usually require a minimum of 3 passes to get BBS.
proxy.php
proxy.php
. I am ready for our family get together and my niece and nephews piano recital later this afternoon.

proxy.php

Just brilliant, Robert.:thumbup1: Have a good afternoon.:001_smile

Sunday:

Razor: Merkur 38C Barber Pole
Blade: Personna (US)
Brush: Omega Boar 10049
Soap: Williams
A/S: Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur
EdT:
Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur

Regarding modern Williams Mug Soap: I get the absolute best shaves from this soap. I don't understand the controversy about this product.

:thumbup1:

Sunday Shave

Razor: 1921 New Standard
Blade: Super Iridium
Soap/Lather: Tabula Rasa
Brush: Rooney Finest
Skin Bracer: Nancy Boy Toner
After Shave Splash: GFT West Indian Limes

proxy.php

Last edited:
Razor: HD Rocket
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Brush: SOC Boar
Cream: TOBS Sandalwood (sample)
A/S: TOBS Sandalwood (sample)

Razor: Dovo Black Star 5/8
Strop: Cowhide (20/60)
Brush: shavemac silvertip
Lather: Plisson + Musgo Real
AS: Brut Alaska
EdT: Floris 89
Picture:
proxy.php

Post Apocalyptic Shave
proxy.php

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php

So she's more than just good lookin' :thumbup:

Ecxellent shot as always Robert!

Martin de Candre // Omega // Aristocrat 21 // Thayers // Aqua Velva

That's a very cool pic :thumbup1: Love it!

Sunday Shave

Razor: 1921 New Standard
Blade: Super Iridium
Soap/Lather: Tabula Rasa
Brush: Rooney Finest
Skin Bracer: Nancy Boy Toner
After Shave Splash: GFT West Indian Limes

Razor: Dovo Black Star 5/8
Strop: Cowhide (20/60)
Brush: shavemac silvertip
Lather: Plisson + Musgo Real
AS: Brut Alaska
EdT: Floris 89
Picture:

Sunday, May 22nd 2011

EJ Chatsworth + Red IP(3)
Semogue 2010
Dr. Shelby
Thayer's Lavander
Nivea Gel Fluid

Wonderful SOTD 's!

Today I shave after a week without it...:blushing:

New Forest Tubby 2 (2 bands)
Merkur Progress + Gillette Bleue Extra
Denim Cream Original
Carrefour "cortasangres" stick
Aqua Velva Lotion
Floid Balm

Today also I have had to use the stick cortasangres, but despite this I liked the blades Gillette Bleue, I have found that cuts very well and yet is soft, a good discovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom