Omega Alum Stick
Murray & Lanman Florida Water
Nivea Sensitive Balm
Nautica Pure Discovery
STOD10-28-23.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Saturday, October 28th 2023

Razor : Yaqi 2nd generation Mellon head 316 SSP with a Yaqi Teardrop 316 SSP handle- Mfg 2021>, mid range. Excellent machining and finish for my shaving needs. This razor is similar to the Grande King dual comb razor(no blade tab overhang) but is refined to take Gillette standard blades and is made from 316 SSP. Had a comfortable close shave this morning and seems to be constant great shaves with this interesting mid range razor head. Top tier razor head in my large assortment of razors and brands IMO.
Blade : Treet platinum SS(2) mild sharp with longevity unknown. Nice smoooth blade on 2nd use I found and prefer the SS platinum over the Treet carbon blades IMO.
Soap : Ogallala Bayrum sage and cedarwood, nice Bayrum scent with some clove with great lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Black marble" 24mm 3band badger. Excellent lather generator, luxury pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter. This brush has a large bloom when washed for first use and works great even with the large bloom.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Ogallala Bayrum and Sandalwood + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :1-10 dial - Copy (2)2 template 10.1.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Yaqi Mellon head 316 SSP with a Treet Platinum blade.
SOTD October 28 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

SOTD 20231028
Prep: Rozorock pre barba
Bowl: Saponificio Varesino Olive Wood
Brush: Saponificio Varesino: 2.0 Ebano
Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th. Anniversary
Razor: Saponificio Varesino 2.0 Ebano
Blade: Polsiver Super Iridium
AS: Saponificio Varesino 70th. Anniversary

proxy.php

Best Regards
Marco

Posting yesterdays shave late.

Shave Date 10/27/23
Razor:
El Grande the Fatip
Blade: Gillette Platnum (1)
Pre-Shave: Rrdisual lather from Puck and PAA Cube 2.0
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Opuntia
Brush: Zenith Boar
Post-shave: Alum Block, Thayers, PAA Mysterium Serum, Saponificio Varesino Opuntia Aftershave
Rating: 9.0/10 DFS Cheeks and DFS on the neck. 0 weepers.

Notes

Third shave with El Grande the Fatip Grande. He has been locked up in his box after a rough spell my face endured after his first two shaves. Today's ground rules were no ATG work at all for EL Grande. He performed admirably delivering an irritation free shave in the DFS range of smoothness, with some rough spots here and there but a very acceptable shave.

I wish everyone a blessed weekend, may all your shaves be BBS, nick, and weeper free.

IMG_1565.jpeg

Shave Date 10/28/23
Razor:
Yates 'Merica
Blade: Gillette Platnum (2)
Pre-Shave: PAA Cube 2.0
Soap: PAA Atomic Pumpkin
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T2 Synthetic
Post-shave: Alum Block, Thayers, PAA Mysterium Serum, PAA Atomic Pumpkin
Rating: 9.75/10 BBS Cheeks and DFS on the neck. 0 weepers.

Notes here.

An excellent dolphin smooth shave today. The scent of Atomic Pumpkin has a faint fresh cut pumpkin smell, remember back to when you last carved a pumpkin, but fainter.

I wish everyone a blessed Saturday, may all your shaves be BBS, nick, and weeper free.

IMG_1577.jpeg

How'd you get it? I've been waiting for its release. Searching their website for The Watcher just returns John Frum.

Edit, I see you have some inside connections. Whew, I thought I lost out on it. I did get a sample of the aftershave, it smells somewhat like Black Shroud but a tad spicier. I look forward to this one being released so I can send Doug more of my money.
Truth be told I won a contest and was given a choice. As you can see, I chose The Watcher.

I'm also a fan of Black Shroud. This one is similarly a classic but very different in the end result of the fragrance.

Last edited:
SOTD OCTOBER 28th
OCTOBER 2023 GRUME
TABACTOBER 2023
OCtober 2023

Hello friends

Sultry Saturday with a four-day beard. Perfect setting for an incredible journey. Tabac, Semogue SOC Mistura, R41, Feather (2) and Alpa Windsor. I'm laughing with happiness!

With us the phenomenal Nancy Wilson.

Rating: 10

Have a nice weekend and great shaves.
❤️🪒

B27D145B-620E-46E8-AFE8-3345AD7C9D83.jpeg
IMG_2716.jpeg

SOTD-Knockout-K_2023-10-28.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac Silvertip D01 16/47
Soap: LEA Classic
Razor: 1947 Knockout (made in Sheffield)
Blade: Gillette 7o'clock Black (8)
ASL: LEA Classic

A fantastic shave! :biggrin:

I was pretty sure that the Phoenix Quantum Alpha was going to take the Number One position on the Closed Comb Podium, but no, the Knockout easily remained at the top. The Quantum is great and is now at Number Two position, leaving the Lambda Athena just holding on to third place by the skin of its teeth.

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom